Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Only if convenient

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Only Ham Sammiches

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
No. We don't have the option at home unless we want to haul it a couple of miles to put it in a recycle trailer. Not going to do that.

At work, MDA (Missile Defense Agency) has bins inside the building, and dumpsters outside that are just for recycle. They also have a couple of dumpsters specifically for cardboard. I have personally witnessed one truck pull in and dump EVERY. SINGLE. DUMPSTER. into the truck and haul it to the landfill. But MDA claims to be "green." :shake:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I live in the sticks, so I have to take all my garbage to a county transfer station. It's on my way every day, so it's not a big deal at all. HOWEVER, the recycling section is on an annoying loop that forces me to go through twice. And the huge recycling bin cannot have any plastic bags, glass, or Styrofoam. One time, the biitch ass attendant was standing at the bin, saw a piece of Styrofoam and told me to fish it out. I told her she was out of her damn mind if she thought I was reaching in there. So fuch it, I stopped altogether and it goes into the dumpster.

But my wife still separates everything as if I put it all into the appropriate bins. One day when my kids were young, they saw me throw it all into the general dumpster. They told on me when we got home... little fuchers.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
But my wife still separates everything as if I put it all into the appropriate bins. One day when my kids were young, they saw me through it all into the general dumpster. That told on me when we got home... little fuchers.
That's when you have to explain to them the meaning of the phrase, "Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches."

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I live in the sticks, so I have to take all my garbage to a county transfer station. It's on my way every day, so it's not a big deal at all. HOWEVER, the recycling section is on an annoying loop that forces me to go through twice. And the huge recycling bin cannot have any plastic bags, glass, or Styrofoam. One time, the biitch ass attendant was standing at the bin, saw a piece of Styrofoam and told me to fish it out. I told her she was out of her damn mind if she thought I was reaching in there. So fuch it, I stopped altogether and it goes into the dumpster.

But my wife still separates everything as if I put it all into the appropriate bins. One day when my kids were young, they saw me through it all into the general dumpster. That told on me when we got home... little fuchers.
You need to remember they're your kids. When I got older and my dad got mad and called me an SOB for misplacing one of his tools, I asked him why he talked about his wife like that. Last time he ever used that phrase. May have been the last time he ever cursed at me.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The level of Climate Crisis Denial in this thread must be dealt with…

1713825420037.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Our bins are orange and blue, so at least I’m incentivized. I don’t mind. Probably helps a little somewhere along the way.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I love running my chainsaws and cutting down trees. In a way, that is recycling isn't it? I mean, it allows the older, now dead tree to decay and provide nutrients for the new growth trees that may someday grow, right?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
recycling is for suckers and cucks. you're doing nothing for "the environment" or conservation, but it makes you feel good though, kinda like driving a prius.

one of 100s you can read with a simple search. i purposely chose this one, because even lib npr is telling you recycling is a scam.

www.npr.org/2022/10/24/1131131088/recycling-plastic-is-practically-impossible-and-the-problem-is-getting-worse

If you really wanted to make a dent in the pollution problem, youd get involved in initiatives to clean up the floating trash masses in the middle of the world's oceans.

Last edited:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’m honestly not sure how the 12 Amazon, 10 Sam’s and 3 Chewies boxes would fit in my trash can anyway. Plus it gives my neighbors a chance to see(and hear) how much alcohol is consumed by my us in an average week.
I break them down... only way to make 'em fit. And the section of the garage designated for "let's save these boxes, they're a good size, we can use them when shipping something to the kids" is full... and has been... for like 10 years.

As for the second part, when we lived in Marin County (Cali) you would not believe the recycle bins everyone had full of wine bottles every garbage day. You wouldn't believe me unless I had photo proof, but literally everyone but us had anywhere from 1-3 (usually 2-3) of those recycling tubs full of nothing but wine bottles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I break them down... only way to make 'em fit. And the section of the garage designated for "let's save these boxes, they're a good size, we can use them when shipping something to the kids" is full... and has been... for like 10 years.

As for the second part, when we lived in Marin County (Cali) you would not believe the recycle bins everyone had full of wine bottles every garbage day. You wouldn't believe me unless I had photo proof, but literally everyone but us had anywhere from 1-3 (usually 2-3) of those recycling tubs full of nothing but wine bottles.

Yeah, I’m not sure how, but my wife will have like 3 bottles of ginger beer and we’ll have like 2 bottles of wine, and it sounds like someone’s taking out the morning trash at a strip club. I have no idea how it can be so loud.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

When we lived in Va., the recycle bin was just that, an open top rectangular plastic bin (as opposed to the large roller covered we one we have been provided in Ga). So whenever we had an expensive bottle or wine or booze we'd polished off, I always ensured it sat on the very top of the bin, with the label facing the sidewalk. Possibly the only time any of our neighbors were at all envious of us.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
When we lived in Va., the recycle bin was just that, an open top rectangular plastic bin (as opposed to the large roller covered we one we have been provided in Ga). So whenever we had an expensive bottle or wine or booze we'd polished off, I always ensured it sat on the very top of the bin, with the label facing the sidewalk. Possibly the only time any of our neighbors were at all envious of us.
0f128fac-7bc2-4d61-9111-b5e2aae13872_text.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator