Does anyone else finally feel like a win isn't luck?

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
I'm usually more of a reader but I felt the need to vent my joyous feeling for the world to see.
For the past 5 years part of me has dreaded having to watch the gators play football because the offense has seemed so inept that regardless of the end result it always seemed that any positive production was due to the opposing teams blunders or; literally and simultaneously figuratively - plain dumb luck. Who's fault that is no longer needs to be discussed.
I know we're going to lose this year, heck we may lose every game from here on out but I have every bit of confidence that we will show up looking like we practiced what we're putting on the field. That the other team is going to earn the victory. I'm going to be a gator for a long ass time, a few losses isn't going to detour that but I am thoroughly enjoying a renewed energy in the team and fan base.
So far this year, when something has been a Thorne in the side during a game, it has been improved the next week, that in itself is SO REFRESHING. If the high snaps don't get corrected next week I'll e happy to delete that part. It was great to see the ball in the air when the ground game wasn't getting it done yesterday and guess freaking what - we won time of possession.
Enjoy the win, and any Saturday where UT and UGA lose is a great day. I'm not ready to bet the farm on bringing home a ring but for the first time in a while I wont be surprised if something big happens with this gator team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I enjoyed watching this game more than any I have seen since Muschamp's early second year when we destroyed highly ranked South Carolina and LSU, Everything from then on was downhill. And apart from those 2 games you have to go back to our last national championship year.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Great post and reflects how a lot of us feel. But you've still got some Mustank on you if "know" we're gonna lose. It's okay. Gonna take awhile to exorcise that demon. But we are The Gators again. Time to start thinking we can win every game.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing prophetic or poetic to add, but I do know one thing:

Last night was no lucky win. It was complete domination, in spite of horrible officiating.

It was like taking in a big lung full of fresh air after living in a sewer for the last 4 years!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
There's no forgiveness or understanding the curse MessedChomp put on our Gator players' FB days & careers.
An AD has an obligation to young men to give them the type of HC that Mac is. Chump belongs nowhere near
young impressionable players.

Hi-Yo Mac, Go Gators !

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A quick review of how far we've come in a short five weeks:

Game 1 - Dream game against a HS Team
Game 2 - Blah game against a HS Team
Game 3 - Blah/difficult game against KY. MUCH closer than it should have been
Game 4 - Difficult game against an over-rated TN. Down by 2 TD, no panic, just nose down, work done, game won. Huge confidence builder.
Game 5 - Payoff for the life experiences of the first 4 games. Kept heads in the game, applied all lessons learned. Played the plan. Great play calling (except for the points after TDs). MONSTER VICTORY!!!

Now, IMO, the trick is going to be for Mac to keep their heads on straight. I think the jump in the polls was WAY too much. Probably should be at around 15, give or take. #11 is a trap, as is Mizzou. But there is absolutely NO REASON we should lose to Mizzou. Unless the kids lose their minds and begin to believe they are ENTITLED to being almost Top-10.

I don't think that's going to happen. Look how Mac straightened out Little Fred's head after the throat slash incident, major chastisement, encouragement, faith that he'd learned...excellent performance turnaround by KT . Look how the tackling was light years ahead yesterday than during the TN game. Routes were crisp, Grier was seeing the field better, everything was clicking. Mac needs to set this game as the NEW BAR for how he expects the team, and each position/player, to PERFORM for the rest of this season. If they can do that, Gators not only CAN, but should, take the East. That, for me, would be the cake. Anything that comes after that is the icing!!!

Having said that ^^, who here would have thought this possible a mere five weeks ago? Not I! I thought an 8 win season would be an excellent start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.