Does the UAA want UF NOT to be Great in Football

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If you are the UF AD and the football program is highly successful, then the football head coach can become bigger than you. That was certainly seemed to be a complaint about Spurrier and I am sure that there were similar feeling about Meyers who was forced on them.

Each time UF has hired a coach since Spurrier other than the Meyer situation that again was force on them, the UAA/Foley found someone who would not at least at first outshine them. So I expect the UAA to be quite content with McElwain. He wins maybe often enough to keep the job, but not enough to outshine the staff of the UAA.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
They obviously do not care and here is how I know. Anyone with a smidgen of a brain would not have allowed Fooley to hire a JACKAZZ in Zook. 100% of the fan base knew that was going to be a disaster, even the O&B glass wearers. When they gave Fooley the go ahead in 2010, he hired another career assistant. Now while I admit I was personally agnostic on that particular hire you see how that turned out. And then they stand by and let :butters: be hired, they clearly do not give a SHYT and clearly have no one over there who knows the slightest bit about Football!!!!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dont want the criminals that come w an elite programs, huh?

And yet, felonies galore from this loser coach.

I agree that there should be great doubt in UAA's dedication to winning and little evidence that they a concernef with anything other than spending as little as possible.

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Oh yeah, one more thing, Football pays the freight, so when those morons over at UAA see that there is less Coinage coming in to pay all the freight, and our Olympic sports such as Women's lacrosse, soccer, softball, rhythmic dancing and Underwater basket weaving start losing and have to start all sharing a locker room, then they will stand up and take notice!!!!!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
They obviously do not care and here is how I know. Anyone with a smidgen of a brain would not have allowed Fooley to hire a JACKAZZ in Zook. 100% of the fan base knew that was going to be a disaster, even the O&B glass wearers. When they gave Fooley the go ahead in 2010, he hired another career assistant. Now while I admit I was personally agnostic on that particular hire you see how that turned out. And then they stand by and let :butters: be hired, they clearly do not give a SHYT and clearly have no one over there who knows the slightest bit about Football!!!!!!!
DIdn't we go after Stoops and about 3 other coaches before we settled on Zook?

krisl648

Founding Member
Life Long Gator!
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have to start speaking by not spending our hard earned $$$$ on this football. It is supposed to be "entertainment" anyways. Is anyone actually having fun watching this?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have to start speaking by not spending our hard earned $$$$ on this football. It is supposed to be "entertainment" anyways. Is anyone actually having fun watching this?
I would rather drag my bag across sandpaper for three hours than watch this shyt.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fan's money or support won't do it. We've got sec network money now. It's not gonna happen until the big money guys decide it needs to.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yep, Mac is safe until 2019, and I've been saying this since I've been one here. This university is cheap and doesn't give a shyt about football anymore. I always laugh when I see posters say we got more $$$ to spend than any other school, which is true in a way, but they don't seem to realize we ain't gonna spend it on a good football coach. Lol. Time to face the facts, and that is that we've already lived thru the pinnacle of Gator football and it's just mediocrity from here on out.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No we need a bad azz coach like Urban with thugs and felons nowadays so we can win NCs. Also with a top notch exciting fast paced offense so we can outscore teams if the D fails.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, Mac is safe until 2019,
IF he manages to survive this fall, he is done for sure next November at the latest. He has zero chance of being employed on Nov 27 2018.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
The really really sad thing is that no matter how long mcelwain is here for, I dont think he can ever win the FSU game as long as JImbo is there.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yep, Mac is safe until 2019, and I've been saying this since I've been one here. This university is cheap and doesn't give a shyt about football anymore. I always laugh when I see posters say we got more $$$ to spend than any other school, which is true in a way, but they don't seem to realize we ain't gonna spend it on a good football coach. Lol. Time to face the facts, and that is that we've already lived thru the pinnacle of Gator football and it's just mediocrity from here on out.

Facts are the facts. No use in getting mad about it.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I think as the pressure continues to mount on Mac, that he takes a settlement to go get his health back.

I think all of the NCAA and corporate America needs to band together on these ludicrous CEO contracts. Getting paid to fail, I should be rich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator