Donovan #1

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
This is great, especially considering who was listed as #2. Betch Calipari choked on his Cheerios when he read this!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
During the tournament a couple of the ESPN programs were saying Donovan was the best. Stating he does more with less (due to being a football school) than any coach in the country. Questioning what his ring total be at a traditional basketball power.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Disappointing finish or not, 2013-14 was Donovan's master class. In October, the Gators were beset by injuries, illnesses and personnel problems. At the start of the season, the Gators had seven scholarship players available to practice. Wilbekin, after nearly being dismissed over the summer, was serving out an indefinite suspension. Eli Carter and Will Yuguete were still recovering from injuries. Michael Frazier II was being tested for mononucleosis. Chris Walker, the Gators' gem recruit, was academically ineligible. The Gators had forward Patric Young, three-year role player Casey Prather, and a whole lot of unknowns.

It really just highlights the difference between a good ooach (actually great coach in this case) and a poor one. The Donovan could have whined about the injuries, lack of scholarship players, and started punching chalkboards and gone nuts on everyone including fans while the team quit on him....

But Donovan didn't. He held the team together, practiced and played with what he had, and got the best out of team. That's the difference between a winner and a loser.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2333main_MM_Image_Feature_19_rs4.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think I just got the first mom of the new board.

That's right, suckas.

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see the other thread! I don't know how to delete this one now... Ox?

JC_Gator

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't see this thread originally, but he definitely deserves it. Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zero chance I was first with Wobble's Mom. I felt like the Millenium Falcon flying down a worm hole.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n9485 said:
It really just highlights the difference between a good ooach (actually great coach in this case) and a poor one. The Donovan could have whined about the injuries, lack of scholarship players, and started punching chalkboards and gone nuts on everyone including fans while the team quit on him.... But Donovan didn't. He held the team together, practiced and played with what he had, and got the best out of team. That's the difference between a winner and a loser.
There is a ton of truth in this statement. I think this past season was Billy's best coaching job to date. The man has a plan for each team and he is relentless in his pursuit of that. He got the max out of the talent he had.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
JC_Gator said:
Didn't see the other thread! I don't know how to delete this one now... Ox?
It's merged with the other now.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n9516 said:
Zero chance I was first with Wobble's Mom. I felt like the Millenium Falcon flying down a worm hole.
:lmao:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The wins are nice and an NCAA Championship would have been great. But the fact is, he recruits to the program, and every player that stays the course leaves the University of Florida a better person and a better player than they were when they came in. To me, that is the definition of "Great Coach".

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Rupp rafters must be in full meltdown!!!

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hope we can lock him down and he retires Gator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator