Drove through Kentucky today

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
And I figured - let's put on some of Kentucky's own Dwight Yoakam (some late 80's, early 90's stuff).
After about 4 or 5 gut wrenching, tear jerking, making me want to turn into an oncoming Semi-truck, songs, I figured this would lighten the mood:

IMG_0735.jpg

Bowling Green Kentucky - only $10. I had heard about the sinkhole and wanted to see the museum in general.

Nice cars ('67 owned by Roy Orbison and a '62 - my two favorite years):

IMG_0745.jpg

Gold '69 L89 in the middle...

IMG_0749.jpg

And some remnants from the sinkhole:

IMG_0753.jpg

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I pass by that museum and race track on the way to visit my family each year. Always think about stopping but never do, I'm within 2 hours of arrival and am antsy to get there and get out of the car by that point :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I pass by that museum and race track on the way to visit my family each year. Always think about stopping but never do, I'm within 2 hours of arrival and am antsy to get there and get out of the car by that point :lol:

It's definitely a nice place to visit... and it doesn't take long to go through.
Large gift shop at the end of the tour and there's a fairly sizable cafeteria as well.
They have an exhibit of Indy cars on display - I think it's through October.

That sinkhole was massive by the way...

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those pics remind of the Don Garlits museum of drag racing just south of Ocala, right on I75. Only one of the 3 buildings is devoted to drag racing. There are thousands of other cars, motorcycles, etc, etc to marvel at. Plus, Garlit's real actual working garage is there.... so you can see real men working on some real bad azz stuff.

FLOCAgarlits_1766.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.