DT commit Jordon Scott

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not arguing anything. I'm saying that stars do matter...a lot. I guess we'll see next year when our 3 star defense is out there. You still need talent to compete. Fine, we should absolutely be getting the 56th rated DT in next year's class. As long as he's big, who cares. My bad.

Next year is going to be a problem. We have a serious talent deficiency on defense about to come to fruition. Other than a couple elite players like Clayton, we will have a drop off in talent at almost every position on defense next year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not arguing anything. I'm saying that stars do matter...a lot. I guess we'll see next year when our 3 star defense is out there. You still need talent to compete. Fine, we should absolutely be getting the 56th rated DT in next year's class. As long as he's big, who cares. My bad.

Rex, we are going to have issues next year, we have little to no space eating DTs, we are losing talent on the defensive skill positions. When you have a at 4/5 star DBs and drop to 3 star DBs it's going to hurt, same with safety, Linebacker, and DE. But those 4/5 skilled players without a space eating DT, get nullified as well. I'm not saying don't get 5* DT's, I'm saying don't get 5* DT just because their 5*. A 5* DT who is 275 isn't going to help us as much as a 3* DT at 315-350.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I get what you guys are saying. Our defense isn't that good this year. Next year is going to be rough.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Rex, we are going to have issues next year, we have little to no space eating DTs, we are losing talent on the defensive skill positions. When you have a at 4/5 star DBs and drop to 3 star DBs it's going to hurt, same with safety, Linebacker, and DE. But those 4/5 skilled players without a space eating DT, get nullified as well. I'm not saying don't get 5* DT's, I'm saying don't get 5* DT just because their 5*. A 5* DT who is 275 isn't going to help us as much as a 3* DT at 315-350.
We might be better off in the long run letting some younger guys who are built for their positions take their lumps next year instead of sticking undersized vets into a position where they will fail against the real teams on our schedule anyway....Maybe Side Hat will gamble by using more run blitzes in obvious running situations??? Of course there is always the outside chance that our offense may get the message that it is alright to score a sh!tload of points while the newer defensive guys cut their teeth....That would help out a bunch ala 2007.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We might be better off in the long run letting some younger guys who are built for their positions take their lumps next year instead of sticking undersized vets into a position where they will fail against the real teams on our schedule anyway....Maybe Side Hat will gamble by using more run blitzes in obvious running situations??? Of course there is always the outside chance that our offense may get the message that it is alright to score a sh!tload of points while the newer defensive guys cut their teeth....That would help out a bunch ala 2007.

If we get a few big boys, they will need to play asap... this 275 DT thing doesn't work. At this point we can't worry about them being young like our offensive like the last two years. We are desperate.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we get a few big boys, they will need to play asap... this 275 DT thing doesn't work. At this point we can't worry about them being young like our offensive like the last two years. We are desperate.
At 350lb he can just fall into the ol and take 2 out...then our 210lb linebackers can clean up

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.