dubster & other Foley bashers won't be happy

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Everyone in this thread just needs to let the lunatic fringe be the lunatic fringe. They're no different than the crazy homeless guy stumbling down the street muttering to himself about aliens and how he's the true supreme ruler of the galaxy. You don't engage him in an argument, do you? No. Because there's no reasoning with the lunatic fringe.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ox says just give them some tainted koolaid and it will work itself out.........

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
th

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n311598 said:
The amount of dipsh!ttery in this response is staggering really. Football may be the sport that "carries the others, and gives prestige to the university", but it isn't the only one that exists, nor is it the only one that people attend.

Are you sure you're not a Nole in hiding? Sure sounds that way.

He may have been the one to hire Zook and Muschamp, but the list of successful, championship winning coaches he has hired far outweighs the list of duds he has.

Hate on him all you want, you're allowed to do so, but don't make out like the guy is just fishing in the dark or that he's just the "right place, right time" guy who has the easiest job in the universe because he's the AD at UF.
Heh dip****tery. It's evident that you can't read or comprehend. I never said it was the only sport that people attend. Try reading it again. I will stand by the fact that it is football that drives the sports at the University, funds the ones that don't carry their weight which is practically them all. If my opinion offends you, then you will just have to get over it. I say Fooley should have been fired.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Captain Sasquatch;n311621 said:
Everyone in this thread just needs to let the lunatic fringe be the lunatic fringe. They're no different than the crazy homeless guy stumbling down the street muttering to himself about aliens and how he's the true supreme ruler of the galaxy. You don't engage him in an argument, do you? No. Because there's no reasoning with the lunatic fringe.

Great point!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n311751 said:
Did you watch the Vandy game? If by flaws you mean an inexperienced Oline with no depth, a non-QB at QB, a walk-on PAT kicker and head case long kicker. I call that "suffering". Admittedly being 8-1 makes it better and having a head coach that gets it makes it tolerable.

So you're focusing on the anomaly game of the year instead of looking at the whole package? Smart.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n311755 said:
So you're focusing on the anomaly game of the year instead of looking at the whole package? Smart.

Anomaly game? Do you need a board to play that...Seriously though our offense has had about one good quarter per game and place kicking is a mess for the most part.....Mac has coached well but let's not BS anyone.....this team is riding the benefits of a very good defense for the most part.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n311763 said:
Anomaly game? Do you need a board to play that...Seriously though our offense has had about one good quarter per game and place kicking is a mess for the most part.....Mac has coached well but let's not BS anyone.....this team is riding the benefits of a very good defense for the most part.

Well they'd turned the ball over exactly 6 times in 8 games and had averaged nearly 30 ppg prior to Vanderbilt. Then they turned it over 4 times and scored 9 points. It had a lot more to do with the very common post-UGA hangover than any kind of trend for this team. '96 Gators managed all of 28 points on Vandy. '99 Gators managed all of 13 points on Vandy. '05 Gators needed 2OT to beat Vandy at home. '06 Gators only beat Vandy by 6. '09 Gators played their most lifeless game of the regular season against Vandy. Every single one of those teams was very good at worst, and all but one of them played in Atlanta. Bad games against Vandy aren't a new thing, and this won't be the last time it happens as long as we're playing them after UGA. I'm actually very happy they moved the game up next year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n311770 said:
Well they'd turned the ball over exactly 6 times in 8 games and had averaged nearly 30 ppg prior to Vanderbilt. Then they turned it over 4 times and scored 9 points. It had a lot more to do with the very common post-UGA hangover than any kind of trend for this team. '96 Gators managed all of 28 points on Vandy. '99 Gators managed all of 13 points on Vandy. '05 Gators needed 2OT to beat Vandy at home. '06 Gators only beat Vandy by 6. '09 Gators played their most lifeless game of the regular season against Vandy. Every single one of those teams was very good at worst, and all but one of them played in Atlanta. Bad games against Vandy aren't a new thing, and this won't be the last time it happens as long as we're playing them after UGA. I'm actually very happy they moved the game up next year.

Kevin Carter commented on CFB Sunday that it was always the toughest game of the year for the reason you posted above. I guess football is similar to baseball in that it's 90% mental and the other half is physical. RIP Yogi!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n311774 said:
Kevin Carter commented on CFB Sunday that it was always the toughest game of the year for the reason you posted above. I guess football is similar to baseball in that it's 90% mental and the other half is physical. RIP Yogi!

60% of the time, it's mental every time.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

Agree with that. It seems maybe everyone looks at their record later in the year and thinks they'll get a free past.....I hope they beat the hell out of UT....It certainly would ruin their season.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
oxking;n311737 said:
Heh dip****tery. It's evident that you can't read or comprehend. I never said it was the only sport that people attend. Try reading it again. I will stand by the fact that it is football that drives the sports at the University, funds the ones that don't carry their weight which is practically them all. If my opinion offends you, then you will just have to get over it. I say Fooley should have been fired.

Lol k

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

You can't introduce facts into a ****ee slinging contest, haven't you learned that yet. "Treon sucks, oline sucks, Ivey sucks, Foley everyone sucks, I don't even know why I tune in, blah blah blah."

History has always shown that Vandy, at home, is a tougher game for UF than Vandy in Nashville. Why that is, I have no idea.

Probably has to do with playing Ga immediately before them, as you said.

Most important stat from that game was the W, and really the only one that mattered, not really sure why the f that's so hard for everyone to understand. This is a team that was picked to finish 5th in the east and win 8 games at most. We're already at 8 wins and going to Atlanta as East Champions with a realistic shot of upsetting whoever survives the West and making the CFP. Talk about exceeding expectations. Unfortunately, that'll never be good enough for this fanbase.

We could win out, defeat Clemson by 35 in the National Championship game and people will bitch because Treon didn't throw for 350 yards or because the defense gave up a passing touchdown in the 3rd quarter. I guarantee someone wouldn't be satisfied with it.

No fanbase out there, and I mean not a single fanbase, does the agony of victory better than the orange and blue.

****ing ridiculous.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
8 - 1

SEC East Champions

Going to SEC Championship game in Atlanta

Only loss is by 7 to a good team

Good points all, this year sucks

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
ChiefGator;311749 said:
Great point!!!
Vulcan, why don't you use your real handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Vandy always gives us their best shot. We did $hit the bed a bit. Part of it is hang over from the previous week. Part of it is overlooking them to USCe and FSU. We should never lose to Vandy at home, but it's been a tough game for some very, very good Gator teams. The best part of that game is that the coaching staff got some great tape to work on with the players to have things to work on.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n311943 said:
Vandy always gives us their best shot. We did $hit the bed a bit. Part of it is hang over from the previous week. Part of it is overlooking them to USCe and FSU. We should never lose to Vandy at home, but it's been a tough game for some very, very good Gator teams. The best part of that game is that the coaching staff got some great tape to work on with the players to have things to work on.

Yep. It's refreshing to have a terrible game and still be able to escape with a win.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
SGG;n311930 said:
You can't introduce facts into a ****ee slinging contest, haven't you learned that yet. "Treon sucks, oline sucks, Ivey sucks, Foley everyone sucks, I don't even know why I tune in, blah blah blah."

History has always shown that Vandy, at home, is a tougher game for UF than Vandy in Nashville. Why that is, I have no idea.

Probably has to do with playing Ga immediately before them, as you said.

Most important stat from that game was the W, and really the only one that mattered, not really sure why the f that's so hard for everyone to understand. This is a team that was picked to finish 5th in the east and win 8 games at most. We're already at 8 wins and going to Atlanta as East Champions with a realistic shot of upsetting whoever survives the West and making the CFP. Talk about exceeding expectations. Unfortunately, that'll never be good enough for this fanbase.

We could win out, defeat Clemson by 35 in the National Championship game and people will bitch because Treon didn't throw for 350 yards or because the defense gave up a passing touchdown in the 3rd quarter. I guarantee someone wouldn't be satisfied with it.

No fanbase out there, and I mean not a single fanbase, does the agony of victory better than the orange and blue.

****ing ridiculous.
Such exaggeration and drama. I feel you should be given some kind of award. No fan base does this kind of thing? :lol2: They ALL do it, without fail.

Hell, if we're all so bad, why even want to be a part of the Gator Nation? Go join a fan base that meets your qualifications. You won't find one.

SGG

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
oxrageous;n311989 said:
Such exaggeration and drama. I feel you should be given some kind of award. No fan base does this kind of thing? :lol2: They ALL do it, without fail.

Hell, if we're all so bad, why even want to be a part of the Gator Nation? Go join a fan base that meets your qualifications. You won't find one.

You're telling me the fans of the University of Texas El Paso are this ridiculous about their football team or their Athletic Director? Doubt it.

Find me one that has more negative Nancies in it than this one. When things are bad, incessant complaining. When things are good, incessant complaining.

Tell me it isn't true.

The last 4 years gave everyone plenty of reasons to be negative, but holy hell, why not try to appreciate something good happening for once instead of digging for something to piss and moan about?

Why's that so difficult?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator