Duke clobbers Clemson

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Billy needs to thank Dabo for getting UF off the college football headlines.

Lots of mistakes by Clemson and confident play by Duke.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only problem with what you just said is that UF isn’t in anybody’s headlines.

I just saw that SOS was the Duke coach last time they beat a top 20 team.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The only problem with what you just said is that UF isn’t in anybody’s headlines.

I just saw that SOS was the Duke coach last time they beat a top 20 team.
He and members of that team were in attendance last night.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So who's coaching Duke now?

And is he available?

Mike Elko. Was the DC at Texas A&M. I thought it was as blah a hire as they could’ve made, but he’s done well.

As @t-gator likes to point out, P5 coordinators have generally been just as successful making the transition to head coach as G5 head coaches making the move to Power5.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Good for Duke.
But it pains me to think Clemson will be down this year and so FSU will now have an easier road to winning the ACC.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mike Elko. Was the DC at Texas A&M. I thought it was as blah a hire as they could’ve made, but he’s done well.

As @t-gator likes to point out, P5 coordinators have generally been just as successful making the transition to head coach as G5 head coaches making the move to Power5.
He’s won ACC coach of the year twice and didn’t lose a game once if he scored first last season, I’d make a trade any day!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dabo getting crushed for not using the portal to fix roster holes.

His decline is purely mathematical. Just as his rise coincided with UGA and the vols sort of going through the motions both on field and in recruiting, their subsequent picking up steam, starting with the dogs, has immediately halted their run. Add in that all three Fl schools are beginning to reign in much of the state’s talent, where he was thriving during that run, and this is the result. It will only get worse for him.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
His decline is purely mathematical. Just as his rise coincided with UGA and the vols sort of going through the motions both on field and in recruiting, their subsequent picking up steam, starting with the dogs, has immediately halted their run. Add in that all three Fl schools are beginning to reign in much of the state’s talent, where he was thriving during that run, and this is the result. It will only get worse for him.
Wait, you mean Jesus isn't going to help anymore?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Elko has been a well respected Asst. coach for a long time. Glad he finally got a chance. But he or those similar in pedigree would not go over well with the UF transient fan base. That base demands only coaches from the offensive side of the ball be the HC, thus giving us Butters, Cousin Eddie and Billy Taggert.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Elko has been a well respected Asst. coach for a long time. Glad he finally got a chance. But he or those similar in pedigree would not go over well with the UF transient fan base. That base demands only coaches from the offensive side of the ball be the HC, thus giving us Butters, Cousin Eddie and Billy Taggert.
When have the two stooges ever given a crap about what the fan base wants?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

None of those fukers were real OC's. And while we're praising DC's as head coaches, I like how you conveniently left out muschamp and zook

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I’m more than happy with a DC if they bring in a good OC and don’t mettle

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
None of those fukers were real OC's. And while we're praising DC's as head coaches, I like how you conveniently left out muschamp and zook
I was really referring to the fan base perspective and not really talking about coaches backgrounds. But you are correct they were awful but not b/c they were defense coaches. And the other 3 are also awful not b/c they are offense coaches. the common theme is that they are awful HEAD COACHES. We do not have people competent enough to recognize what a HC looks like in all facets. Background means nothing to me. Never cared one way or the other which side of the ball they come from. Once you become a HC you cease having a specialty and are in charge of the total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.