Duke-Miami: Entire officiating crew suspended for sucking

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
daytonacane;n305551 said:
It should be for at least the remainder of the season. They took 9 minutes reviewing if a knee touched or not...9 minutes is a long time to review and you would think they would get it right. We had 194 penalty yards called on us vs. 41 on Duke. There were horrible calls against both teams, but far more against us. One call on our guy was for trash talking after a play....no physical aggression, etc., just said a few words and walked away. Another call was pass interference when our guy went after the ball and actually intercepted it. On Duke's last touchdown, it appeared the ball did not cross the plane plus there were 2 very questionable PI calls. Just an absolute mess. Duke and Miami should refuse to accept these refs for any future games.

daytoner, you're a fine CFB fan tied to your team UM. Via your posting, I trust you. 194 v 41 sure seems poor refereeing.
So Refs too much afflicted that game. It's a "just-so-happened" that the last most dramatic highlight for CFB disfavors UM,
thru no fault of their own. Shame too, that as a fan for your school such an exciting positive for your school collects much
negative. Eventually tho, if allowed the "natural" course, the penalty questions will fade, while the "glory" of the TD miracle
will solidify.

What is forgotten is that Miami wasn't supposed to be even close in that game. Always nice when you're an underdog
and you win. Congrats daytoner.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n305591 said:
Originally posted by Okeechobee Joe View Post
They should award Duke the win and let Miami declare a moral victory.

Miami has no morals.

:rimshot:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Okeechobee Joe;n305581 said:
They should award Duke the win and let Miami declare a moral victory.
Not sure this mess can be fixed. As swagger said, check Duke's last drive for the go ahead TD and the three consecutive interference calls. At that point, I had already thought of the swindle in the swamp.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow that sucks! If should be for the entire season. But the A-lmost C-ompetitive C-onference may be low on refs. Thank God (I cant believe I'm saying this) that SEC refs will be in the Swamp for the Semis.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No way they should overturn the outcome. That would be a disaster. Swofford handled it appropriately IMO.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n305324 said:
Nothing can out do this, the dude has to get through the band to score!
dcs5w.gif
The last lateral is epic!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What's funny about the Stanford-Cal play is one of Cal's players was down before he lateraled, as well. The guy who gets gang tackled in the middle of the play.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n305756 said:
Solid work.

I got an error. I suspect one of the other mods snuck in while I wasn't looking and merged it before I got to it. Literally seconds before...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I thought you did it. No way for we commoners to know.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n305758 said:
I got an error. I suspect one of the other mods snuck in while I wasn't looking and merged it before I got to it. Literally seconds before...
SO the other mod should be awarded the victory merge and you get the moral merge?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CaribGator;n305767 said:
SO the other mod should be awarded the victory merge and you get the moral merge?

Yeah...:wobble:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator