Eagles and Chipster - will he be traded to Tennessee?

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I think there is a0.02 l% chance Kelly winds up at LSU. Square peg/round hole. He has no coaching ties in the south and LSU is a bout as uniquely south as it gets. Culturally speaking it's a bad fit

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BS he hasn't. 13 TDs against six picks for a 96.1 rating as a rookie is quite good, esp since the Titans suck otherwise.
He'd have a hell of a lot better stats in Kelly's offense. He was born for it.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Chip will go anywhere but the SEC and he's smarter for it, I'd expect Oregon to go hard to get him back if he does indeed decide to come back to college. It would be interesting to see Texas/USC/Oregon/LSU duke it out for his services with the 3 losers being worse off for it.

As for Mariota, he's done well with what the coaching staff is asking him to do. He throws a bunch of quick routes and never really stretches the field, he's really a better version of Alex Smith with KC. I think Chip could be good to get the most out of him but it could also hurt Mariota's development in pro style offenses if Chip doesn't spend a long time with the Titans.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, there are some very good jobs open already, with more to come. Assuming Kelly leaves or gets booted from Philly, he's going to have quite a choice to make. And his agent has to be among the happiest dudes in America. Figure there'll be some kind of buyout from Philly, then he can play numerous Cadillac programs against one another to drive up Kelly's compensation.

I agree with the posters above that USCw seems like most logical landing spot. It'd be interesting to see what he could do with that program and the scads of 5*s they recruit every year. And I think the Sips and Corndog make a run for him, too - but I see Baton Rouge and the SEC in general as the least likely landing spot. As others stated, he has no connections to the SEC and he may wish to think twice about facing our defenses 8 times per year.

Gonna be a fun off-season. I am so glad we have our guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not sure he wants to go back to the Pac and attempt to destroy what he built at Oreygun.

Texas will be the most enticing IMO.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not sure he wants to go back to the Pac and attempt to destroy what he built at Oreygun.

Texas will be the most enticing IMO.

He's not even a West Coast guy. He just happened to get the Oregon job and from there he became one. He's from New Hampshire. He could wind up anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator