Eagles Farewell Tour Mar 4th Orlando

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The life expectancy is way lower in Appalachia. So late 30s/early 40s there is like 60s/70s everywhere else.
leonardo dicaprio GIF

…and btw it’s been nice knowing you!

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
1980 or 81. Brother in law and I sitting at the bar in the strip joint across from the the 2001 something or other on Dale Mabry (The building built in the shape of a mammary gland complete with a cupola 'nipple' thingy on top) . Girl walks up and starts typical convo 'buy me a drink?' etc. She looks uncomfortable. "What's the matter?" Stupid question to ask in a strip club. She answers "My ben-wa balls are not in right". " What?! You're kidding, right?" "No", she said and proceeded to pop them out onto the palm of her hand. Yeechhh!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1980 or 81. Brother in law and I sitting at the bar in the strip joint across from the the 2001 something or other on Dale Mabry (The building built in the shape of a mammary gland complete with a cupola 'nipple' thingy on top) . Girl walks up and starts typical convo 'buy me a drink?' etc. She looks uncomfortable. "What's the matter?" Stupid question to ask in a strip club. She answers "My ben-wa balls are not in right". " What?! You're kidding, right?" "No", she said and proceeded to pop them out onto the palm of her hand. Yeechhh!
Boy, talk about money well spent with your cover charge!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And contrary to Alex’s claim, I never actually dated a stripper.
Sorry, but the time limit to validate this claim lapsed earlier this afternoon. But as long as your kids aren’t on Chatter and you’ve previously disclosed all to the missus, in as heartfelt and groveling way as possible, you should be fine. Of course I can’t guarantee that Matt M, Bushmaster, and WRPG (a late entry after his Tampa/Men’s Establishment confession), or other Chatter Puritans will ever be understanding. Remember: the Drive of Life is more about the windshield than the rear view mirror!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Where in Orlando (generally)?

Orlando crowds and traffic are annoying, but you might be in an area with some redeeming value.

Check your hotel's website. Some big hotels don't even have a pool, some have a big zero-entry pool, water slides, lazy river, cabanas, etc.

If you're in the eastern part, you could have a beach day or two. Orlando people love driving to Cocoa Beach and setting up near Coconuts. About 45 minutes.

Kissimmee is touristy and mostly sucks but if you are in that area and willing to drop some coin, you could drive a tank or shoot a machine gun. Think how jealous Seedy would be. Of course, that's more "guy" type stuff. I guess there's a lot of big outlet malls too. Chicks love outlet malls.

If you're a Harry Potter nut, you could hit Universal. If you're a roller coaster nut, you could hit Sea World. Disney? Nah. You'd have to be nuts to go to Disney. :lol:

There's some good restaurants in town too. Lots of pricey celebrity chef places if you're addicted to the food network, but also lots of mom-n-pop places, mostly immigrant owned, where you can get some spectacular ethnic food for reasonable prices--Venezuelan, Colombian, Brazilian, etc. Also, because tourists from all around the country and the world come to Orlando, lots of regional or small chains open there to help spread the word about their offerings. It's weird, but Orlando has a White Castle, a Portillos, a McAllister's Deli, a Raising Cane, a Kung Fu Kitchen, etc. I suspect the first In-n-Out Burger they build east of the Mississippi will be in Orlando too.

Alex.
One of the best veal chops I’ve ever had was a stuffed one at a mom ‘n pop Italian restaurant near the convention center in Orlando; it looked liked something that would have been served to Fred Flintstone. It was massive and amazing. Not sure I could find the place on a dare, but if I’m ever back there - and for the most part I hope I’m not - I’ll try for sure.

secgator

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Ages of the Eagles are nothing---THIS is where the real old farts hang out. Tribute to Jeff Beck last year--Clapton at 78, Rod Stewart at 79, Ron Wood at 76, and some others that performed but weren't in this tune. Heck, Nathan East(bass) was 68 and Doyle Bramhall(guitar)--55, were the 2 young pups. While overall they did Infatuation justice, somehow Rod trying to wiggle and move like he did 40 years ago just wasn't quite the same. The 'real' Geriatrics Reunion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator