Emmitt calls and apologizes for tweet to Muschamp and Driskel...

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n61732 said:
Funny how getting the whole story changes everything.

Muschamp used Emmitt's apology to deflect the criticism of the tweet and from having to discuss why the tweet was made to begin with. Does this make Muschamp classless? Eh, not in my eyes, but I think it's pretty clear he was saving that apology tidbit to get out of having to address the issue altogether.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
Aside from it being an adult that sort of takes an unsolicited shot at a "kid", I see no reason to apologize. That's the only angle I guess his people are taking. It's obviously how he feels, and he wasn't exactly disrespectful in his doing so.

How weak have we become as a society?
Very weak I never take back an opinion that I have unless the facts that make the opinion change or were incorrect. Jeff's performance against Bama was poor so I too think someone else deserves the start at UT.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;61755 said:
Captain Sasquatch;n61732 said:
Funny how getting the whole story changes everything.
Muschamp used Emmitt's apology to deflect the criticism of the tweet and from having to discuss why the tweet was made to begin with. Does this make Muschamp classless? Eh, not in my eyes, but I think it's pretty clear he was saving that apology tidbit to get out of having to address the issue altogether.
I didn't watch the presser, but I'm sure he was being asked more than enough questions about Driskel. Saying Emmitt apologized about the Tweet isn't even in the same area code as "classless." If he had said, "Emmitt should learn how to talk without stumbling over his words and keep his opinions to himself, he's never allowed on campus again," then yeah, it would have been classless.

I more than understand the criticism of his job performance, but there are people who really reach with some of the things they say about him.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Sometimes you have to consider others when you speak.

Emmitt has an allegiance to the Florida program but it can be limited or wide open...his choice.

Emmitt represents other organizations when he speaks. I'm sure he doesn't want to bring negative publicity to those.

I'm of the opinion that #22 feels the way he tweeted but thought better of it later and pulled it back...and he probably did so on his own & w/out any request from someone.

I think he did the right thing by removing it.

And the problem with twitter and all other forms of social media, to include msg boards, is that what you do and how you portray yourself are on full display for the world to see and it's permanent (for the most part).

Also, and again speaking of social media, it is immediate. So people believe their opinions matter and by getting them out 'there' it is effecting change.

It doesn't.

Go Gators!

IGTBAFG

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
Aside from it being an adult that sort of takes an unsolicited shot at a "kid", I see no reason to apologize. That's the only angle I guess his people are taking. It's obviously how he feels, and he wasn't exactly disrespectful in his doing so.

How weak have we become as a society?
He's not a kid. If he can't take criticism, turn in the scholarship and do something else. Or go somewhere that they won't care if he continues to be the worst QB in the conference year after year after year.

If you guys are concerned about him hearing that he sucks after he sucks in a game, you'd be surprised to hear what things get said to military trainees after they make minor mistakes.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
bayou gator said:
It appears that mushchump didn't learn anything from this past weekend. He just announced that he's sticking with Driskel, because "Jeff gives us the best opportunity to win right now." If he is our "best chance" then we have no hope to win at all.

I seriously hate this guy...
It's very difficult to watch games like this :facepalm:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Emmitt proven winner
Muschamp proven loser

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users