Emmitt calls and apologizes for tweet to Muschamp and Driskel...

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1 said:
wow e. smith dont nut up now. it needed to be said. your in the spotlight with a microphone say it and mean it!
^^This is why you are one of my favorite posters...lol

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
Even by apolozing now... everybody knows that Emmit meant what he said. He probably realized that what he said was not good for team chemistry and he didn't want to impact that, so he apologized to Driskel, Muschamp and the team as a way to not be a distraction going forward. His tweet already did it's job, it doesn't hurt to smooth things a little after the fact.
I don't think it helps a young team to hear one of the greatest Gators of all time question their QB and call for his benching. These guys need to believe in Driskel if he is going to be the starting QB and even if that belief doesn't make sense... they need it if they are to succeed going forward.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The village idiot is on our sidelines. I wish he would at least wear an orange and blue wig, a big red bulb nose, and maybe do a few cheers with Albert in between turning our football program into a circus event. At least we could have a few laughs along with the opposition.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
i watched the chumps presser the other day after the raping we took at bama. i was utterly amazed at how the media/sportswriters were scared to ask questions about the chumps future, and why didnt he pull dudskil. they lobbed him softballs for the entire session. "unbelievable"

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n61538 said:
I'm sure someone in the media asked the question about what he thought of Emmitt's twitter rant. Doubtful he just brought it up.

I'm certain that's how it came up, but here's how a professional manager would have answered that question; "I heard about Emmitt's tweet, he's a great Gator, he loves Florida and wants all of us to play and coach better, including Jeff. I understand his frustration."

Instead, Muschamp's spouting off about how Emmitt has apologized, misses and dismisses the point.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Why do people always apologize for saying what they really mean? He said it, he meant it. He was right. Why backtrack and apologize?
Exactly Ox.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
soflagator;n61405 said:
Aside from it being an adult that sort of takes an unsolicited shot at a "kid", I see no reason to apologize. That's the only angle I guess his people are taking. It's obviously how he feels, and he wasn't exactly disrespectful in his doing so.

How weak have we become as a society?

In a rare occurrence I find myself agreeing with you completely, except on the shot at a "kid".

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n61526 said:
Actually, the classless part here is Muschamp informing the public that Emmitt called to apologize. Muschamp should have kept his mouth shut about any internal phone calls and should have taken the tweet as constructive, albeit harsh, criticism from one of the all-time Gator greats. Muschamp throwing out the "he called and apologized" card is chicken*** in my opinion, and it suggests he is trying to deflect or minimize the real issue here, and that's being called-out on Driskel's poor play. Muschamp is becoming the anti-Donovan. Billy D never seems to make a wrong step, Muschamp never seems to make a right one.

This is spot on...

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator said:
GMDGATOR;n61572 said:
Emmitt is Gator Legend!!! No apology needed for stating the truth... Sorry if it bruises your ego...:wobble:

Are you replying to me?
No, driskel and duncechamp

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gator charm;n61485 said:
I

The UF Football program is heading back to where it was pre-1969. Thank you JF for rolling the dice, betting wrong and not having the instinct to fix it.
Actually, pre 1969 we had been to the Orange Bowl 67 and the Sugar Bowl 66 so you really mean pre 1960. Graves won 70% of his games, had great players and good teams.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n61678 said:
This is spot on...
Actually its not. Muschamp was asked by a reporter what he though of Emmitts tweet. Rather than comment on the tweet Muschamp said Emmitt called and apologized and that he's a great Gator.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;61722 said:
TallyGator;n61678 said:
This is spot on...
Actually its not. Muschamp was asked by a reporter what he though of Emmitts tweet. Rather than comment on the tweet Muschamp said Emmitt called and apologized and that he's a great Gator.
Funny how getting the whole story changes everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.