Recruiting ESD 2022: 5* IMG Safety Kamari Wilson, 5* LB Shemar James sign with UF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I think someone else commented on this already but… Sounds like someone needs to tweak the rules to make sure recruiting doesn’t become a bidding war.

It always has been… the numbers are now just being make public for all to see.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
There's no d

I don't see any downside for the kid honestly. He gets the largest NIL deal, he goes from an "in other news" story of a 5 star signing with FSU to by far the biggest story of ESD which increases his NIL value. He isn't just BMOC, he owns the campus. Hot and cold running poon all day everyday. And Deon is an idiot, but if there is any position group he is somewhat qualified to coach it DB's. And then there's the portal which means he under absolutely zero obligation to ever play a single snap for JSU if he decides he doesn't want to.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
"Become"? Because recruiting hasn't been an underground bidding war for decades?

Underground, sure. Gotta stay under the radar. Out in the open and legal? Football is about to get exponentially more expensive if this is the new standard.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think someone else commented on this already but… Sounds like someone needs to tweak the rules to make sure recruiting doesn’t become a bidding war.

You're a little late to the discussion but there is no way to enforce it. The "rules" state that you can't formerly offer a kid an NIL deal to sign. But there's nothing stopping you from whispering in their ear. Or just saying that we have a $1.5M deal for the first 5* CB that commits.
Technically Hunter flipped then got the deal. Wink, wink. But we know that's not what happened.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wiggins stuck with LSU

Yes, he is.

@Blake_Alderman: Despite a later effort from #UF, Humphrey stuck with UGA

What do you call that breed of camel that doesn't have a hump.? = Humphrey

Good old ESD has been corrupted, derailed, confused. Some top signees must be worrying:"What am I missing out on $-wise.
Will it get like the pros = players richer than their coach slavemaster.?
What coach can browbeat a $1.5million player for an on-field mistake.? What will matter to him.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.