ESPN article on whether Miami or Florida can catch FSU

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Of course either team can catch FSU... the question is IF they will catch them.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Miami's next class is going to be sick. Looking like a top fiver already. Richt will be good for ten+ wins a year down there. He's a good not great coach but always could recruit.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I guarantee you some form of this exact article was posted after the 2008 season, only flip flop us with FSU. College football is cyclical, especially in a state like Florida where one or two consecutive monster recruiting classes full of in-state talent can change your fortunes in a hurry (or vice versa).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Miami's next class is going to be sick. Looking like a top fiver already. Richt will be good for ten+ wins a year down there. He's a good not great coach but always could recruit.
Yeah, I don't see him winning any Nattys but he'll be there for a long time.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So Miami is getting Tyson Campbell, Al Blades Jr & Xavier Williams and we're getting Amari Burney & Joe Milton?
I only said it "might be a minor signal." Actually, if you look at the 24/7 Crystal Ball, that is exactly their predictions on all but Xavier Williams.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I only said it "might be a minor signal." Actually, if you look at the 24/7 Crystal Ball, that is exactly their predictions on all but Xavier Williams.

Well, it seemed obvious - by their comments - which way they are leaning.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, it seemed obvious - by their comments - which way they are leaning.
Gotcha, I thought you were going the other direction and saying it was a stupid implication. The reason I think it should only be taken with a grain of salt is that it is still early and these are uncommitted guys. But, does give some support to the direction they are leaning, even if it is already shown in other ways.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This article is just straight terrible. The issue with Miami and UF isn't catching FSU. It's allowing prospects to leave to out of state programs. Bama. Ohio State. Clemson. Auburn. Hell, Penn State. They are all raiding the state for top line talent.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Miami, FSU ? They won't catch us in 9 out of 10 sports.
Football is the only sport that draws 90,000+ and gets the program national attention....so it's the only one that really matters! You could cancel every sport (outside of the big 3) and 75% of the fanbase wouldn't give a damn.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hi I'm Jboss, I came, I saw, and I OWNED and DESTROYED. I've been OWNING and DESTROYING your girlfriends and wives since...well...FOREVER!! Sometimes both at the same time too!!

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Hi I'm Jboss, I came, I saw, and I OWNED and DESTROYED. I've been OWNING and DESTROYING your girlfriends and wives since...well...FOREVER!! Sometimes both at the same time too!!
I guess that answers the question on everyone's mind: who is this guy and what is he all about?
:drunk2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator