ESPN gets trolled, broadcasts fake High School

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This is absolutely wild…

Surprise! Wild Story Of A Potentially Fake Ohio High School Lying About Its Football Team In Order To Play A Showcase Game On ESPN

Alright, this is an insane story on a Sunday night here. Today Bishop Sycamore out of Columbus, Ohio (apparently) played IMG Academy in football on ESPN. We all know IMG Academy, they are a powerhouse in every sport because they are set up that way. as a prep school. Shockingly they aren't the story here. The story here is Bishop Sycamore. I'll be honest, when I saw 'Bishop Sycamore' my first though was wondering if Sycamore High School in Cincinnati changed its name. I've never heard of Bishop Sycamore and despite not growing up in Ohio, I have that weird brain of randomly knowing high schools and where they are and all that ****.

And according to FootballScoop, the entire thing is a lie.

Former player goes in depth about the scam A Former Bishop Sycamore Football Player Exposes the Dark Secrets of the Program

Last edited:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
well they identified as a school, and BSPN being so woke, acknowledged that...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
200w.gif

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Well, after that baptism of fire, I'd say they're ready for the big time as SEC OOC fodder.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, "fake HS" probably isn't right. It's more of a virtual high school, which is becoming fairly common these days.

For the most part virtual students or homeschoolers can attend and play football in their home high school, like Tim Tebow did, but not always here. Some of the deeper blue school districts try to dissuade that here. they definitely suck, but people could have researched that easily by seeing their previous record and scores.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Look, "fake HS" probably isn't right. It's more of a virtual high school, which is becoming fairly common these days.

For the most part virtual students or homeschoolers can attend and play football in their home high school, like Tim Tebow did, but not always here. Some of the deeper blue school districts try to dissuade that here. they definitely suck, but people could have researched that easily by seeing their previous record and scores.
Read this : A Former Bishop Sycamore Football Player Exposes the Dark Secrets of the Program

Its 100% fake. This guy had these kids living in hotels and bouncing checks so they could stay there. When that didn't work, he stole from churches and other non-profits all while the kids/adults had to steal for food. This kid mentioned he never once took a class and had to make up the school year when the team fell apart back in 2018

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Read this : A Former Bishop Sycamore Football Player Exposes the Dark Secrets of the Program

Its 100% fake. This guy had these kids living in hotels and bouncing checks so they could stay there. When that didn't work, he stole from churches and other non-profits all while the kids/adults had to steal for food. This kid mentioned he never once took a class and had to make up the school year when the team fell apart back in 2018
Alabama has a couple of high schools just like this to rehabilitate kids with poor gpas.

the checks don't bounce though.

no offense but complex.com doesn't impress me as a source.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
One would think that IMG would have done some checking on their own.
It is a High School program that could easily many college programs.
Why they would consent to play such a team is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator