ESPN: Is Florida finding its footing under Billy Napier?

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I'd be happy if we keep it close. I want to see proper tackling from our defense. None of that one armed ole' shyte.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Good thing the games aren't played on paper. UGA isn't having an undefeated season, they are going to lose. Might as well be to us.

Couldn’t agree more. No way we’d ever get the proper footing, and can you imagine the cuts after 60 minutes of being tackled on that stuff.

Last edited:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if there's a chance but I wouldn't mind seeing a rainy, sloppy game. It might slow their passing game and favor us if we can run the ball and of course move the sticks with short passes too. I think the lower the score the better our odds in this one.
Saturday in Jax should be sunny and around 83-85 degrees.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
ill admit im fairly optimistic about this game, not saying i think we win b/c i dont, but im hoping, almost willing to say im expecting to see good play on both sides of the ball. just want to look competent and competitive against the top teams and the staff looked prepared and even a bit ingenuitive on the sideline with the game plan and play calling. weve started to see some of that against not good teams, now lets show it against some good ones. IF i see that, i can get on board. the crootin has been great sans oline and i think that will get fixed soon so show us ability on the field and we could be very good to end the season.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
That determined come from behind road win against South Carolina changed our perspective of Georgia. Within a span of about 5 minutes those Bulldogs shrank from 10 feet tall to about 6 feet. They are beatable.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure we have enough to go 60 minutes with them and come out on top but keep counter punching and attack when there is an opportunity is what I want to see if we do come up short.
I disagree. We have been playing so many people all season that we have really good depth. We are playing 10 guys on the DL.

I really hope Moore is back this week. I haven’t seen him in a game in a few weeks.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Discuss.
The guys who were posting about who Napier's replacement should be after the Kentucky game need to read this article. We'll be fortunate to win 2 of the rest of our games against ranked teams, including our 2 biggest rivals ranked 1 and 4, and with 24 freshmen on the roster, but I don't consider that Napier's fault, given what he inheirited. I like what he's building, and look forward to seeing the incoming recruits take the field.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with Shane's assessment. If we can get out of the 1st quarter in decent shape, it will be a fight.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Good article.
We are facing yet another stiff test this weekend.

Normally, by Thursday Fl/ga week, My stomach is already in knots and I'm preparing for the weekend.
Living in Jacksonville, This game has been a huge part of my life for over 40 years.
I always ride down by the Stadium on Thursday nights, just to see RV City and get the juices flowing a little.
Back when SOS was the HBC, The team used to stay at the Marriott at Sawgrass. I would take my girls down to the hotel just to watch the team come off the bus.

We have a chance this week.
What I don't want to see is a backward step, after the progress we've made since Kentucky. If we can keep this game within 1 score or maybe 10 points, then we are making strides. Recruiting is definitely there, and the team is playing better.
I don't think I've ever seen Kirby, under pressure from Florida since his very first season with ga.. A solid Gator team, that shows up every year in Jacksonville, will pressure Kirby and ga fans, tremendously.

Like Rocky said, It's not about how many punches you can take but how many punches you can take, and keep moving forward.

Regardless of how this game turns out, let's keep moving forward.
And let the church say Amen!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I think UGA defense may be a little overinflated by sheer strength of schedule. They haven’t played hardly anybody, and if they can give up 20+ to UAB, Auburn and Vandy, we can get into the 30s. I’m drinking the kool aid boys!

IMG_8334.png

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
ill admit im fairly optimistic about this game, not saying i think we win b/c i dont, but im hoping, almost willing to say im expecting to see good play on both sides of the ball. just want to look competent and competitive against the top teams and the staff looked prepared and even a bit ingenuitive on the sideline with the game plan and play calling. weve started to see some of that against not good teams, now lets show it against some good ones. IF i see that, i can get on board. the crootin has been great sans oline and i think that will get fixed soon so show us ability on the field and we could be very good to end the season.
Stop being such a Pumper. :lol2:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
i reserve the right to return to apoplectic status by tomorrow evening if we come out in kentucky mode, which based on the team's track record so far, is probably a 50% possibility. How's that? :lol:
Which possibility are you hoping for?

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
They seem to get the blow out wins when the defense just completely stymies the opposing O. Hopefully we can really minimize the 3 and outs and put together some long time consuming drives that either pin them deep after the punt or produce points. TO's obviously could change the outcome either way but our secondary hasn't been a pick machine. Sell out to stop the run early and make them throw effectively without their TE. The one group that has to have the game of their lives is the O-line, IMO that's what could make the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.