ESPN: Is Florida finding its footing under Billy Napier?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are "what you put on tape"!

We are very average and UGA is wayyyyyyyyyy above average.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think our footing would under Napier would be alot stronger if we could play vandy and south Carolina every week

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry to quote my own post, but certainly this didn’t work out for us!
So...this is what it's come to?

Self-quoting?

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Not a good trend. We're back to wide-open competition and getting taken to the ropes against mediocre teams (USCe), railroaded by KY and now kicked in the nuts by UGA. Billy sold it to Scott Stricklin and Scott bought his snakeoil. Now What? Another year of Sunbelt Billy, with the meat cleaver in position.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Good Lord, we have freshman all over the field and were picked by everyone in the country, including most of you all, to finish with 3-6 wins. We squeek out a road win against a crappy Carolina squad, everyone starts predicting a beat down of the Dwags and then get pissed off when reality hits.

Relax people, today was a show of talent gap. Nothing more. We will get there if we can keep recruiting well.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, we have freshman all over the field and were picked by everyone in the country, including most of you all, to finish with 3-6 wins. We squeek out a road win against a crappy Carolina squad, everyone starts predicting a beat down of the Dwags and then get pissed off when reality hits.

Relax people, today was a show of talent gap. Nothing more. We will get there if we can keep recruiting well.
You can't be reasonable here after a loss, matter of fact, you can't be reasonable here anytime. :bananadance2:

ted

Aug 24, 2019
You can't be reasonable here after a loss, matter of fact, you can't be reasonable here anytime. :bananadance2:
Florida was so far down after the 3 M boys and their lack of recruiting especially in the trenches, it may take 4 recruiting cycles, both HS and transfer portal to rebuild the talent to expected levels. Kirby walked into Georgia with 10 straight years of top 10 recruiting and 10 win seasons. He gets credit for taking the program to the next level but he inherited a GREAT situation in Athens.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We’re definitely getting our footing and have our act together

Meanwhile, every time we play a competent opponent:

IMG_8363.gif

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Good Lord, we have freshman all over the field and were picked by everyone in the country, including most of you all, to finish with 3-6 wins. We squeek out a road win against a crappy Carolina squad, everyone starts predicting a beat down of to
Napier in Year 2 with NO visible improvement on either side of the ball. Not Happy. The youth excuse gets you to the end of the year, we're almost there, and we're a bad team that has shown virtually no improvement all year.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Thats just not true, we have improved, we just may not get different results yet.
Where the fuch have we improved? We just got blowed out by jawja worse than last year. Thank God we've got a 2 win arky on the schedule or we don't go bowling this year. Napier is a damn good recruiter but an absolute **** eater on game day. Luckily for us we're only gonna get to see sling blade get prison raped by Kirby bangs one more time.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Play calling is still a HUGE issue. That double reverse on first down after we held them to a FG was middle school shyt. And the 4th down call.......did Billy, after putting it on display against the cocks think that Kirby wasn't gonna be ready for that? They were all over it from the minute we lined up. He is either dumb or very naive as a play caller..I'll let those of you that are still dyck riding decide. Dude needs to give up the play book and put a foot in his ST. That can start happening now and having a million freshmen starting isn't gonna influence that one bit.

ted

Aug 24, 2019
It just seems like UF has a huge hole to climb to get to where the program can even dream about getting to Atlanta on the first Saturday in December much less a CFP berth, even with expansion next year. The talent gap in the trenches is painfully obvious and on display. I am at the point where I am thankful that I was alive and aware when the Gators where kings in 96,06, and 08. I was a kid in the 80’s when the program had so many near misses and missteps, and when Spurrier awoke the Monster that Bear Bryant referenced so many years earlier. I am at the point that I really don’t know if we will ever see any kind of championship ever again. UF is in my blood literally and will forever be my team in all sports. I am just thankful that I have in a lifetime when the Gators where at the top because we may never see it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator