Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet we opened a 2.5-point dog.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think I'm getting this algorithm.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Says UF has a 58.4%.

Anyone know if it means anything?

I think it is based on raw statistics. Thus as the season goes on the strength of opponents tends to get closer among matched up teams and this number become more meaningful, in not perfectly meaningful in a small sample sport.

As far as the odds makers and the public go, college football is all about the zero.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
While I triggered some on here noting that LSU isn’t great (and apparently, unintendedly implying they are garbage), beyond ESPN’s efficiency ratings which have us the higher rated team, our offensives have nearly identical yards and points per game. One place we are notably ahead is in passing efficiency.

Our defensive numbers are also nearly identical in total yards and yards per play.

I understand their opponents have probably been better than ours, but there is a reason that despite being ranked in the top 10, LSU is barely favored.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And yet we opened a 2.5-point dog.
We actually opened at a 3.0 dog. Currently it’s at 2.5 and I expect that to move more narrow until Saturday.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My concern is that while they have beaten two top ten teams away from home, Our best and maybe only decent win was against failstate, who has zero pass offense.

Everybody down playing LSU is doing so ignorantly. Miami and auburn are very good teams. We'd struggle against either, and I'd have a hard time believing wed beat either. We match up against LSU well tho so we have a decent shot.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The edge in athletes goes to LSU, in coaching to UF. My guess is a dogfight. It usually is with these two teams.

This is a very underrated rivalry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.