Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
We are tied at 11 with UGA, but ahead of FSU who is at 13. Based on what they said about LSU and Penn St., I'm not sure why we didn't crack the top 10. 3 National Championships and 3 Heisman winners should at least put us at 9. I also think it's lame that they had so many tie for 1st. What do you think of the list?

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rojans-lead-list-college-football-blue-bloods
I'm okay with it. Two more national championships, and our resume would match up with Nebraska's. Sounds like we're that close to getting into the blue-blood tier (according to ESPN).

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Seriously, anyone who lists UAL as among the most important programs in college football just is NOT paying attentions. It is just evidence that they are listing who is good today rather than important.

I glanced at their list but if you want a list, you must list in no order UTx, SoCal, PSU, Ohio State, UF, Michigan, UND and then it becomes everyone else. Maybe aTm should be among the first group. Those are the big school in the big football states. There really should be a NorCal school there but one school has been that important. If any of the rest from UAL to UW gave up football it would not be that big a deal. But college football and the major conferences need football at the schools I listed. That is what makes them the most important programs.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, anyone who lists UAL as among the most important programs in college football just is NOT paying attentions. It is just evidence that they are listing who is good today rather than important.

I glanced at their list but if you want a list, you must list in no order UTx, SoCal, PSU, Ohio State, UF, Michigan, UND and then it becomes everyone else. Maybe aTm should be among the first group. Those are the big school in the big football states. There really should be a NorCal school there but one school has been that important. If any of the rest from UAL to UW gave up football it would not be that big a deal. But college football and the major conferences need football at the schools I listed. That is what makes them the most important programs.
You realize Bama has been a powerhouse for most of their existence and has double digit national championships, right?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You realize Bama has been a powerhouse for most of their existence and has double digit national championships, right?

You realize that UAL has been both good and bad over history and college football has been fine when they have been good and fine when they have been bad. They just are not very important. Full of themselves, yes, but the SEC is run by the big dogs, UF and aTm. They make the conference and the SEC is one of the conferences that makes college football. Similarly The Big is made by Michigan and Ohio State the programs in the big states.

Arguing for the mediot's claim of UAL as among the most important programs is like accepting their selection of UNL as one of the most important programs. It flies in the face of reality.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We had two good years '84 and '85. Then a run in the 90's with Spurrier. And four years with Urbs. We haven't done crap since 2009 and thanks to :kiffin: it will take us at least until next year to be relevant. And who knows when to contend. But looking at that list I don't know who if there's anybody I'd put above us. And I'd put us above Nebraska, LSU, Penn State. If it wasn't for the sh1t show 2010-2014 we coulda been blue bloods.
And screw ND. Most consistently overrated turds in the history of overrated turds.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You realize that UAL has been both good and bad over history and college football has been fine when they have been good and fine when they have been bad. They just are not very important. Full of themselves, yes, but the SEC is run by the big dogs, UF and aTm. They make the conference and the SEC is one of the conferences that makes college football. Similarly The Big is made by Michigan and Ohio State the programs in the big states.

Arguing for the mediot's claim of UAL as among the most important programs is like accepting their selection of UNL as one of the most important programs. It flies in the face of reality.
You're living by a river in Egypt.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I also agree that UF shouldn't be in the top 8, but I don't see why LSU and especially Penn St are ranked higher. Penn St only has 2 championships and one Heisman.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

th

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

This may be the most out-to-lunch homer post I've ever read in my life. Perhaps it was just one of those posts that was supposed to be dripping with sarcasm and I just missed it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

images

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still stuck on the fact that Insti thinks Texas A&M is one of the big dogs of the SEC.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

Why do you keep mentioning aTm? Your argument is laughable.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I also agree that UF shouldn't be in the top 8, but I don't see why LSU and especially Penn St are ranked higher. Penn St only has 2 championships and one Heisman.
Yeah LSU I don't really understand. They do have 14 conference titles and 3 national titles, but we aren't far behind with our 8 (technically 10 ;) ) and we have 3 heismans.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
1) Alabama
2) Notre Dame
3) USC
4) Ohio State
5) Oklahoma
6) Michigan
7) Nebraska
8) Texas
9) Florida
10) Miami (very backend loaded)

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Texas A&M, who has been in the SEC for..............*checks watch*.................5 seasons now, hasn't won a conference title or even been in the title game, hasn't won a NC since 1939........runs the SEC? What in the actual f*ck did you take this morning?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Penn State should be disqualified due to their program and any success being under the reign of a pedophile defender, and a likely closet pedo himself, may he rot in hell.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really care what ESPN thinks. But, I'll play along, for something to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator