ESPN's "Too early top 25"

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
100% agree with not being ranked we finished the season 0-3 and only scored 24 points, our offense is and will be pathetic till Mac recruits talent on that side of the ball. I think he got his Qb and possibly his Rb for a few years but I don't see anyone else that will make plays on offense for us in the near future. You can tell me all day till your blue in the face that Swain or Hammond will make plays but I don't see it based on the film I've watch. I don't think either will be elite players when it's all said and done just another Bailey, Fulwood ect players who were hyped up and never panned out.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
Very odd and tangential post
100% agree with not being ranked we finished the season 0-3 and only scored 24 points, our offense is and will be pathetic till Mac recruits talent on that side of the ball. I think he got his Qb and possibly his Rb for a few years but I don't see anyone else that will make plays on offense for us in the near future. You can tell me all day till your blue in the face that Swain or Hammond will make plays but I don't see it based on the film I've watch. I don't think either will be elite players when it's all said and done just another Bailey, Fulwood ect players who were hyped up and never panned out.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't seen Swain or Wells play yet, but I think Hammond will contribute. Doubt he's another Callaway, but I think he'll be much better than we've had. I have a feeling that Kalif Jackson will eventually contribute. He was picked up last year and is a big physical receiver. We should get another big name receiver or two and possibly a quality TE. So no, we're not going to sign 4 future 1st team All-American receivers, but I think we are adding some contributors. Also, Dre Massey could be a factor. I think he's more of a return guy, but you never know with these JUCO guys.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Callaway????
Or are you only talking about incoming freshman?

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Swain is fast. The kid has a gear most do not. His hands could use some improving from what I've seen of him in person. I could see him redshirting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:ohnoez:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's pretty accurate. I don't think this is an expected end of year ranking. It's the expected 1st poll ranking. Tennessee, Michigan, and FSU won't be ranked that high by end of year.

I expect us to have roughly the same record. And probably play for the SEC since the east is still a mess. If there is a time to be in rebuild mode, it is now.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same ol, same ol. Bama / Ohio State on top even though they will lose most of their teams to the draft. Ohio State will lose 16 starters that are either leaving early or are seniors, yet their a top 5 team. Bama will lose their QB / RB, top two TEs and most of their D, and they are #2.

We are again able to hide in the shadows and pounce on some top 10 team. This year, it will end up being Tennessee.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No surprise to me. Once again we come into a new season with tons of question marks. The biggest being who will end up being our QB next year. If I were a pre-season pollster and saw UF's only returning QB with meaningful college game experience was Treon Harris, I'd probably rank us somewhere in the bottom 25 or so.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have no business being ranked right now...our record overshadows just how bad muschamp left things here...this will not be a quick recovery. Mac may be able to win with smoke and mirrors again but it's a long road back to where we can legitimately compete and just reload

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Georgia's made an appearance. I find that interesting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Georgia's made an appearance. I find that interesting.

Granted, they may not be set at QB, but they are really deep on both lines of scrimmage.

We are deep on the defensive line but not the offensive line. If we can close on another OT this cycle we should finally be deep in that position for 2017. Even slightly mediocre QB plate will have us winning the East because of our defensive depth and our running back depth.

Hell, just having a kicker would've won at least a game for us this year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Par for the course.....getting BLOWN THE F OUT three games in a row to finish the season doesn't leave too many pollsters impressed. Unless the OL improves greatly and Del Rio pans out, I wouldn't be surprised if we're a 7 or 8 win team. 9 regular season wins next year and McElwain should win SEC COY again. This teams has a lot of holes and slightly above average talent.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Let's see. Our final ranking in the AP poll was 25. While the AP voters usually don't demonstrate much judgement or intelligence, they are well aware of the dismal second half of our season. I think our defense will be good next year. Losing Bullard was big, but Vernon didn't show up for most games. Our offense should be much better than this year. The scotch tape holding our offensive line together lost its stickiness this year. Next year we will have much more experience on the OL. Between Del Rio and Appleby, at least one of them should be lights out better than Treon. We lose nothing at wide receiver; there's a good chance we are better. I can't wait to start kicking 60 yard field goals. I am really optimistic about next season. The SEC East remains weak.

I don't really care about the poorly thought out ESPN list. Did Michigan soar to #4 because they beat the highly touted Gators? I just wonder why ESPN is listening to Alvin.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Doesn't surprise me at all that they have Tennessee up there where they do. They have been dying for years to finally be right about them. They played Bama close and got a ribbon for it and then throttled Vandy, Kentucky, 3 Directional/fcs schools, and beat an adverage Northwestern team in the bowl to finish the season out. Throw in the descent recruiting and the Vols are primed to win the offseason again coming off their "strong finish". Until we have an offense that looks like a college team again (5.5 years now) we will not get the benefit of the doubt despite winning ugly. Hopefully the year seasoned the line enough, we can actually get some ground yardage and one of the guys emerge, and Del Rio doesn't crap the bed. We just need to look good for once because most these kids in high school probably don't remember the last time we were functional on O.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hate to say it but UT is going to win the east next year.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Hate to say it but UT is going to win the east next year.
Not so fast. The east sucks again so the UF-UT game winner will probably represent the east. Since we always beat them I expect to beat them again, propelling us to east champs even though we may not be much better than we were this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.