ESPN's "Too early top 25"

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not so fast. The east sucks again so the UF-UT game winner will probably represent the east. Since we always beat them I expect to beat them again, propelling us to east champs even though we may not be much better than we were this year.
The only thing that would lead one to believe we will win that game is our past dominance. 11 in a row is great but make no mistake they will be favored to win that game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing that would lead one to believe we will win that game is our past dominance. 11 in a row is great but make no mistake they will be favored to win that game.
They have been favored to win in most of those 11.

They are still coached by a band boy.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
They were favorites this year at least in early odds. We'll beat them because Jonesers gonna Jones.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sure. We also had a QB in that game, which we will not have on the road this year (most likely). It really is IMO a one game race for the east between us and the chuggers. While both teams had very young linemen, the vols are bringing back Dobbs and Hurd while we are bringing back nobody at QB and no established RB. The vols lost 4 games last year just like us, but none of them were blowouts, and that includes OK and Bama.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Callaway????
Or are you only talking about incoming freshman?
I don't think Callaway will be as big of a factor as last year because we don't have a Robinson on the other side to force the defense to cover the entire field. I think defenses will key in on him and sht him down much like every other team we faced. If you look at his game log he was extremely inconsistent, I know Qb play had some to do with it but it still happened.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Callaway will be as big of a factor as last year because we don't have a Robinson on the other side to force the defense to cover the entire field. I think defenses will key in on him and sht him down much like every other team we faced. If you look at his game log he was extremely inconsistent, I know Qb play had everything to do with it but it still happened.

Fixed that for you.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Fixed that for you.
Whatever makes you feel better, but I was being honest. I'm guessing you think he will double his production then right? Gonna be a 1,500 yard Wr 10 Td? I mean based on you saying it was all Treon fault any decent Qb will make this kid an all American right?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever makes you feel better, but I was being honest. I'm guessing you think he will double his production then right? Gonna be a 1,500 yard Wr 10 Td? I mean based on you saying it was all Treon fault any decent Qb will make this kid an all American right?

Project much? Our entire passing game looked awful thanks to Treon. Our passing and running game looked awful thanks to our Oline, although they did give Treon more time to throw towards the end of the season. We need improved play from the Oline and a competent QB. Your beef with Callaway was that he was extremely inconsistent. I don't buy your reasoning for that given Treon and the Oline. Even the few times Treon heaved it up for grabs Callaway was able to make Treon look good by coming down with the catch. The kid's a gamer, maybe not good enough to beat a double team, but I'm not ready to write him off like you are.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we can generate even average qb play...which is what we had worth Grier last year we'll contend for the east. We'll have a solid defense again but can only go as far as our qb will take us

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Project much? Our entire passing game looked awful thanks to Treon. Our passing and running game looked awful thanks to our Oline, although they did give Treon more time to throw towards the end of the season. We need improved play from the Oline and a competent QB. Your beef with Callaway was that he was extremely inconsistent. I don't buy your reasoning for that given Treon and the Oline. Even the few times Treon heaved it up for grabs Callaway was able to make Treon look good by coming down with the catch. The kid's a gamer, maybe not good enough to beat a double team, but I'm not ready to write him off like you are.
I'm not writing him off at all, double team is my concern that's why I said what I said. We have no other threats at Wr or Te to take away from Callaway which leads me to believe teams will double team Callaway and force someone else to make a play and I don't see anyone on the team or coming in that will be able to do that.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I'm not writing him off at all, double team is my concern that's why I said what I said. We have no other threats at Wr or Te to take away from Callaway which leads me to believe teams will double team Callaway and force someone else to make a play and I don't see anyone on the team or coming in that will be able to do that.
This time last year we didn't have anyone to take the pressure off Robinson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator