Facilities/Finances take center stage as new AD search begins

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
President Fuchs is about to get the Facilities right at UF. They should be in the top 3 once we're finished.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It sounds like all the focus is in the right areas. Get facilities upgraded. Get an experienced AD (I guess that means nobody currently on staff).

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hope y'all are prepared for major increases in booster fees and ticket prices.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
It sounds like all the focus is in the right areas. Get facilities upgraded. Get an experienced AD (I guess that means nobody currently on staff).

Facilities are going to be a big issue...which means money is going to be a big issue. I'd like to see an AD that has a good track record as an AD, but also as a fund-raiser and facilities person. But, my guess is they DO hire someone on the current staff. The "why fix something that's not broken?" approach. It worked when we hired Foley....and Foley is going to be part of the search committee. I can't imagine they bring in someone without UF ties. But, hell....what do I know? They could hire the AD from Boise State or Montana as far as I know! :D

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Part of the reason Fuchs was hired was his ability to raise over $1billion at Cornell to build the Roosevelt Island campus for cornell. His is pushing to get UF's endowment over $3 billion so I am sure the fundraising will go hand in hand.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
President Fuchs is about to get the Facilities right at UF. They should be in the top 3 once we're finished.
I don't know much about President Fuchs but I can't remember too many people here doing cartwheels when the self absorbed Doosh, Bernie Machen announced his departure as Prez.

I wouldn't mind seeing an increase in ticket sales as long as I see improvements in the Facilities.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The "why fix something that's not broken?" approach.
That's the point. It's broken to near Vandy levels. Exactly why we shouldn't consider anyone associated with the last regime. I don't know it that will or will not happen. I'd be happy to see an interim until we find a homerun hire. No one within the regime should be considered for anything but an interim position. The contract lawyer should have been fired two years ago unless she has proof that she begged Fooley to be smart and he refused.

That being said, it's really not that hard to find someone better than Foley, basically anyone except Vandy's AD (who really isn't an AD at all) fits that bill.

As for raising ticket prices, that's insane. First you fill the seats, then you raise prices. Same goes for boosters, you try to re-recruit the 1/2 that left under Fooley and Chimp, then worry about prices. Volume first.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
That's the point. It's broken to near Vandy levels. Exactly why we shouldn't consider anyone associated with the last regime. I don't know it that will or will not happen. I'd be happy to see an interim until we find a homerun hire. No one within the regime should be considered for anything but an interim position. The contract lawyer should have been fired two years ago unless she has proof that she begged Fooley to be smart and he refused.

That being said, it's really not that hard to find someone better than Foley, basically anyone except Vandy's AD (who really isn't an AD at all) fits that bill.

As for raising ticket prices, that's insane. First you fill the seats, then you raise prices. Same goes for boosters, you try to re-recruit the 1/2 that left under Fooley and Chimp, then worry about prices. Volume first.

More complete nonsense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So, we're already $100M in debt and we think they won't raise prices to increase revenue? :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do I think that? I don't know. But selling all the seats is more important than making more off the ones you do sell.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do I think that? I don't know. But selling all the seats is more important than making more off the ones you do sell.
This "arms race" will result in what we have in professional sports...the average fan will be priced out and it will become a social gathering for the wealthy and/or a corporate perk.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just heard that when the "Master plan on facilities " comes out it will be a $387 million dollar sports expansion project that will include a 4 story building with the football locker room,players lounge & Coaches offices in it. This will be big-time!!!! #ChompChomp

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I believe that some of these other SEC schools have been able to negate Florida's natural advantage in recruitment due to demographics, location etc because of the advantage they have gained over us in quality of facilities. By improving our facilities we take away our opponents' edge and the pendulum will swing back to Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.