FanDuel - Draft Kings etc

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm thinking of doing one of these. Any words of wisdom or warning? Any preference? I'm trying to clear around a million after taxes like some of those guys on the commercials. Doesn't seem too hard.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Prepare to lose all your money.

However I will say that my podcast buddy and Gatorchatter member Jason Walker won $8,000 on a $2 bet on FanDuel in a fantasy baseball contest this year. Came in first out of 40,000 people. :eek:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I was thinking the same thing, it looks pretty easy, I think I might retire after a few weeks :yes:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I usually win around $200-300 most days. Hardly worth the effort.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n271014 said:
I'm thinking of doing one of these. Any words of wisdom or warning? Any preference? I'm trying to clear around a million after taxes like some of those guys on the commercials. Doesn't seem too hard.
You can apparently still pick Aaron Hernandez on the off chance he gets out of prison on appeal and Goodell rubber-stamps him back into the league. He's ranked 1143 on ESPN so you should be able to steal him in a draft. I think it's a good choice, personally, and there are plenty of folks out there who agree with me:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fan duel is great. I came out even last year after hundreds of bets. I tried all the leagues... But could only make money on CFB.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
You can apparently still pick Aaron Hernandez on the off chance he gets out of prison on appeal and Goodell rubber-stamps him back into the league. He's ranked 1143 on ESPN so you should be able to steal him in a draft. I think it's a good choice, personally, and there are plenty of folks out there who agree with me:
Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I hate those Fan Dual commercials. When we watch the NJ Devils play on ESPN+ that's all you see. Btw the Devils beat Pittsburgh pretty good last night. My daughter was happy. So they give you 200 credit for your first $5 dollar bet. Sounds crazy. Gotta be some sort of scam

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I hate those Fan Dual commercials. When we watch the NJ Devils play on ESPN+ that's all you see. Btw the Devils beat Pittsburgh pretty good last night. My daughter was happy. So they give you 200 credit for your first $5 dollar bet. Sounds crazy. Gotta be some sort of scam
I love you Coach.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It is a scam. Send your money to that guy in Ethiopia that keeps calling. Solid investment.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Considering a Jags employee lost 22 million of Shad Khans hard earned dollars before FanDuel tipped off the team, I would say definitely go with the Ethiopian.
You know you’re rich when you don’t notice $22M is missing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Prepare to lose all your money.

However I will say that my podcast buddy and Gatorchatter member Jason Walker won $8,000 on a $2 bet on FanDuel in a fantasy baseball contest this year. Came in first out of 40,000 people. :eek:

Given the age of this thread, if he put even half of those earnings in a modest performance mutual fund, I imagine it’s probably worth just shy of 2 million.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator