Fantastic (and brutally honest) article

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You still think Goolsby is getting drafted? Take that crap out of your sig.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I could have answered one question for the author. The reason that we never play Davis and Perine in the same backfield is we have only 15 offensive plays and that isn't one of them.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve consistently defended Jim McElwain’s abilities and the job he’s done at Florida. And I still believe that he needs to be given the entire season before any decision is made about his job status.

But his job is to put his players in a position to succeed. Instead, he — the offensive guru with a dog who could supposedly quarterback his teams — just lost to a team that averaged 2.2 yards per rush and completed 8 passes.

And yet, he has the gall to blame his players?

:exactly:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good article. Glad to see some media have the balls to call it like it is (notice Zach A didn't write the article).

This is the best line of the article:

McElwain again threw his players under the bus after the game, saying the “plan was good, but the execution piece needs to get better.” He’s full of garbage.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Article theme is "they did not". And once you start blaming the players...again...you lose the team..

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Excellent read, but to be honest many of us have said those exact same words weekly on this site for the better part of 2 years. This game was no different than the past five games in the coaching dept., which the author so eloquently described as GARBAGE!! Perhaps we have referred to it on here as TRASH, but either way, the article was spot on but very late to the party.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good article. Glad to see some media have the balls to call it like it is (notice Zach A didn't write the article).

This is the best line of the article:

McElwain again threw his players under the bus after the game, saying the “plan was good, but the execution piece needs to get better.” He’s full of garbage.

As OX has informed us so many times, Crucial does not want to go back to Mickey D's to work!!!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Excellent read, but to be honest many of us have said those exact same words weekly on this site for the better part of 2 years. This game was no different than the past five games in the coaching dept., which the author so eloquently described as GARBAGE!! Perhaps we have referred to it on here as TRASH, but either way, the article was spot on but very late to the party.

It’s not so much what was said as it was who said it. Glad to see the media starting to catch on and pipe up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could have answered one question for the author. The reason that we never play Davis and Perine in the same backfield is we have only 15 offensive plays and that isn't one of them.

:lmao:

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Good read. It reinforces one of the basic tenets of leadership, mistakes are owned by management, accolades go to the workers.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
The article is true but still too timid. Jim McElwain is a failure, and he is a coward by blaming the players rather than taking it himself.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The article is true but still too timid. Jim McElwain is a failure, and he is a coward by blaming the players rather than taking it himself.
And why would any top prospect want to play for a coach who is not man enough to take responsibility for losses and publicly blames his players instead?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It’s amazing to me, but he still thinks he’s the smartest one in the room. I’d pay huuuge dollars to be there when he figures out he’s not only not the smartest but the the most ignorant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.