Father's Day

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hope its a good one for you and your dad or your younguns. The Sun has a long articile about Napier and his dad. Fathers Day for me is just waiting on the phone call or card. Just like I like it. Wife asked yesterday if I wanted to go out to eat on FD. Hell no. Lets go to a spring on Mon or Tues. when they all go back to work and its calm.

My FB fathers day tome: Lord I was lucky. My dad was so great for us three boys. Kept us alive until we could actually think for ourselves (it was a belt). Taught us a work ethic, fishing ethic and family ethic. Hung around until we were old fellas. His name was Stuart Francis Acree. If you showed up at our house you also got some of his parenting. None of my friends would smoke or drink a beer in front of him. Now I have four children of my own and thank God all the time for my good luck. Luck has seemed to follow me my entire life.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers in Chatterland!

I lost my father several years ago so this day is always somewhat sad however I am fortunate to have both of my sons close by and was able to spend the day with them and my grandsons yesterday.

I am not sure that I could be more fortunate than I am.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers in Chatterland!

I lost my father several years ago so this day is always somewhat sad however I am fortunate to have both of my sons close by and was able to spend the day with them and my grandsons yesterday.

I am not sure that I could be more fortunate than I am.
Same... both "Son that coulda been a Lambo" and "Son that coulda been another Lambo, or a Cessna" are home right now and it's been a great weekend.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
A sincere thank you to all the Fathers out there and for all you do. Even if you feel like it goes unnoticed, (@NVGator) you are truly making a difference. For those that stepped up even when they didn’t have to, we appreciate you. We need more father figures to just show up. Kids are watching and learning from you.

Thank you.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My daughter that coulda been something other than another Lambo, because I mean really, who needs three Lambos or two Lambos and a Cessna, sent me this this morning. I'm still playing it and still chuckling, and still wouldn't trade her for whatever I coulda bought with the dough I've spent raising her...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah I lost my dad about 10 years ago but unfortunately I dont have many fond memories. All I ever knew was a violent drunk who abused everybody. At least it taught me to do just the opposite. Happy fathers day all.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
G3JDoA2sgVY1.jpeg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Yeah I lost my dad about 10 years ago but unfortunately I dont have many fond memories. All I ever knew was a violent drunk who abused everybody. At least it taught me to do just the opposite. Happy fathers day all.
Many children from that perpetuate that same shttt. My only words are you survived and are doing whats right for your kids. I salute you. That love will come back ten fold for you.
I have a real FD story about my ex. Her "dad"died a few months ago and then her aunt told her that sorrry fckk was NOT her biological dad. So they began investigaging who it might be. Turns out he was a Vietnam war vet living near my childhood town. DNA sealed the deal. AND HE seems like, (unlike the guy that she lived with) a nice guy and willing to embrace his fatherhood at the age of 76 and even my kids as grandkids. She just picked up my son to celebrate his very FIRST FATHER"S day as a father. He had no idea her mom ever got pregnant and had her. Back then they covered up shtt and hid it well. I saw a pic of her and him and havent seen her this happy in a long time.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Many children from that perpetuate that same shttt. My only words are you survived and are doing whats right for your kids. I salute you. That love will come back ten fold for you.
I have a real FD story about my ex. Her "dad"died a few months ago and then her aunt told her that sorrry fckk was NOT her biological dad. So they began investigaging who it might be. Turns out he was a Vietnam war vet living near my childhood town. DNA sealed the deal. AND HE seems like, (unlike the guy that she lived with) a nice guy and willing to embrace his fatherhood at the age of 76 and even my kids as grandkids. She just picked up my son to celebrate his very FIRST FATHER"S day as a father. He had no idea her mom ever got pregnant and had her. Back then they covered up shtt and hid it well. I saw a pic of her and him and havent seen her this happy in a long time.
That's great. I got a call about 15 years ago and a young woman said "Hi, I think you might be my biological father." We did the DNA test and sure enough, when I was 16 something happened. I have a 48 year old daughter and two adult grandkids and one great grandkid that I knew nothing about. A real Jerry Springer moment. She doesnt live nearby but she just wishhed me happy fathers day.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hope its a good one for you and your dad or your younguns. The Sun has a long articile about Napier and his dad. Fathers Day for me is just waiting on the phone call or card. Just like I like it. Wife asked yesterday if I wanted to go out to eat on FD. Hell no. Lets go to a spring on Mon or Tues. when they all go back to work and its calm.

My FB fathers day tome: Lord I was lucky. My dad was so great for us three boys. Kept us alive until we could actually think for ourselves (it was a belt). Taught us a work ethic, fishing ethic and family ethic. Hung around until we were old fellas. His name was Stuart Francis Acree. If you showed up at our house you also got some of his parenting. None of my friends would smoke or drink a beer in front of him. Now I have four children of my own and thank God all the time for my good luck. Luck has seemed to follow me my entire life.

Happy Father’s Day coach!

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
This is a weird day for me. I didn't meet my dad until I was 33. Didn't know his name until I was 30 and because of the internet, was able to track him down. Its hard to establish a relationship with a narcissist who lives 3 states away.

Mom got knocked up in the back of a 63 Impala and as already mentioned, people didn't talk about that stuff back then. I guess I should be happy I didn't wind up on the round end of a coat hanger. So while we celebrate our moms with dinners out I am stuck here on the back porch cooking my own dinner and that of everyone else while my wife bitches at me about how I put the seasoning on the steaks.

And FD present? These sold flat things that go on he grill so it doesn't flame up.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Sorry to read so many non-fathers FD memories. My dad was always there and I always knew he loved me, even if he never said it. I'd meet him at the road when he got off from work and he would carry me on his shoulder to the house and tell mom he was bringing home the bacon. He taught me to throw, catch and hit but could never teach me to be fast. I learned to work on automobiles because he would drive home with a broken car, toss me a part in the box and say go replace this. You can learn a lot about a car looking for a fuel pump. I knew an education was 16 years of school, not 12, even though he dropped out of high school to fight a war. He had a mean sense of humor but nobody but him was going to mess with his kids. He loved my mom and wouldn't die until he had taken care of her (he died 2 months after her, after 69 years of marriage.) For most of us, dad wasn't perfect or even close, but he was strength and stability. I think the stages of manhood are: 1. My dad knows everything about anything. 2. My dad doesn't know anything about anything. 3. My Dad is smarter than I thought. 4. I wish I could talk to my dad one more time. Happy FD to the men who step up for their kids.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
My brother was adopted as an infant because my parents didn’t think they could have more kids. Mom got pregnant with me right after that - surprise! :swampqueen:

He searched for his birth parents for about 30 years but not seriously. His wife was like a bulldog doing the DNA searches and started finding half siblings online. Both parents were deceased. His mom’s family was adamant that she didn’t have kids but it turns out she had three. They didn’t want to meet him. He tracked down a half sibling on the father’s side and he looks just like her. She insisted that the father never knew he was born and would have absolutely cared for him. I’m happy for him and he gets along well with the new relatives, even though they are in Alabama.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have any kids. Just lots of dogs.
iu

My dad died 18 years ago at age 62. Total ripoff, if he was still around we would have had a ton of great times in the past 18 years. For all you guys approaching age 50, get a damn colonoscopy. Don't trust that 'schyt-in-a-box' cologuard BS. What a waste.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This is a weird day for me. I didn't meet my dad until I was 33. Didn't know his name until I was 30 and because of the internet, was able to track him down. Its hard to establish a relationship with a narcissist who lives 3 states away.

Mom got knocked up in the back of a 63 Impala and as already mentioned, people didn't talk about that stuff back then. I guess I should be happy I didn't wind up on the round end of a coat hanger. So while we celebrate our moms with dinners out I am stuck here on the back porch cooking my own dinner and that of everyone else while my wife bitches at me about how I put the seasoning on the steaks.

And FD present? These sold flat things that go on he grill so it doesn't flame up.

1655684809465.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.