Father's Day

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
My FD gift was my son having a 10:30 am flight to Seattle to begin a deployment in Japan. Luckily his Wife and 2 Sons are here on the family compound until they get a house in Pensacola.
Wifey and I took a ride to old dixie hwy just outside Bunnell to check out the brick road. Built around 1919

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
My FD gift was my son having a 10:30 am flight to Seattle to begin a deployment in Japan. Luckily his Wife and 2 Sons are here on the family compound until they get a house in Pensacola.
Wifey and I took a ride to old dixie hwy just outside Bunnell to check out the brick road. Built around 1919

As a kid, my dad hunted in Bunnell and at the end of the day we'd drive home on that brick road. He'd let me drive his 3 on the tree at like 11 years old cause he and the Lord Calvert had talked all day. Once I got to 204 he'd take over.

There was a greasy spoon diner there on US1 that I forget the name of.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you're getting impaled, that's the car to get it in.

Advert...
"Impala. Your birth chariot."

The Shaggin' Wagon tho...

iu

iu

Alex.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don't have any kids. Just lots of dogs.
iu

My dad died 18 years ago at age 62. Total ripoff, if he was still around we would have had a ton of great times in the past 18 years. For all you guys approaching age 50, get a damn colonoscopy. Don't trust that 'schyt-in-a-box' cologuard BS. What a waste.
My black lab gave me a pint glass with this on it last Father's day. Labs somehow always give the best gifts.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Figure this is the appropriate place........

Ever have one of those day........I had one today. In life we have three hats we wear much of our adult life. Employee, spouse and parent. I feel good about my career and had a great time. Im still workng on being a spouse. Definately messed up a few times. I take all the blame. But parenthood is where I feel so blessed and lucky. I did it early in my thirties and then in my fifties. I can say with certainty that I appreciate it more the 2nd time. You have more expereince with parenting and with life. I was lucky because my career was dealing with young kids. A friend asked me one summer when I was doing stuff with mine and hers "how I had the patience" My reply was I was used to 40 at a time and three of four was a piece of cake. Today I took my two teens to a spring and to lunch. When they were little we did this all the time. I would suggest a trip to the park, grandpas, flea market, Manatee Springs etc and they would beat me to the car. Now at 15 and 18 their interests are elsewhere. But today the both were on board with a trip to Rum Island, a beautiful spring right beside the Santa Fe River. I love being with them and hearing their stories and what interests them. They are both very different kids but are funny and interesting. Their knowledge about the world amazes me but that little phone with google and youtube is amazing too. I know they will be on their own before you can blink but Im gonna have as much fun with them as I can. BTW I had a lot of fun with the first two, too. A friend of mine had a post about living now and not waiting until you have time. The time is now.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Figure this is the appropriate place........

Ever have one of those day........I had one today. In life we have three hats we wear much of our adult life. Employee, spouse and parent. I feel good about my career and had a great time. Im still workng on being a spouse. Definately messed up a few times. I take all the blame. But parenthood is where I feel so blessed and lucky. I did it early in my thirties and then in my fifties. I can say with certainty that I appreciate it more the 2nd time. You have more expereince with parenting and with life. I was lucky because my career was dealing with young kids. A friend asked me one summer when I was doing stuff with mine and hers "how I had the patience" My reply was I was used to 40 at a time and three of four was a piece of cake. Today I took my two teens to a spring and to lunch. When they were little we did this all the time. I would suggest a trip to the park, grandpas, flea market, Manatee Springs etc and they would beat me to the car. Now at 15 and 18 their interests are elsewhere. But today the both were on board with a trip to Rum Island, a beautiful spring right beside the Santa Fe River. I love being with them and hearing their stories and what interests them. They are both very different kids but are funny and interesting. Their knowledge about the world amazes me but that little phone with google and youtube is amazing too. I know they will be on their own before you can blink but Im gonna have as much fun with them as I can. BTW I had a lot of fun with the first two, too. A friend of mine had a post about living now and not waiting until you have time. The time is now.

They answer to Zir and Zee?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
had to look that one up..............i guess I live in a much different universe than the perpetually outraged........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.