Favorite FSU Moment

AgingGator

Oct 3, 2018
My favorite was 95 and our first undefeated regular season. It was a hell of a game and as it was unfolding OSU was beating Michigan, so you knew we were jumping to #2 in the polls, and would be playing in our first NC game. Some games like 97 500,000 people claim they were there, but 95, nobody seems to remember that game.
Remember it well A complete asskicking that put the choke at soak behind us

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My first favorite was in 81. They had won 4 in a row. A record at the time. I got up in the old South endzone by these drunk gals. We poured it on and I was laughing and screaming the WHOLE game 35-3. We went to Atlanta to play WV and got hammered but it didnt wash away that great feeling in Gville. WV played that game in the wet cold like it was THEIR super bowl. Our team had partied way to hard before the game.
And then I got a ticket a mile outside of Gville on the way home............

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We played 'em twice in '95, the first time that had happened, a Sugar Bowl loss in the "5th Quarter in the French Quarter" and a 35-24 win at the Swamp that fall.

We played 'em twice in 1997, too, winning both games.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My first favorite was in 81....We poured it on and I was laughing and screaming the WHOLE game 35-3.

The following year was great too. We went up there to Tallahassee and beat them. They were ranked and we weren't. We ended up storming *THEIR* field and tearing down *THEIR* goalposts after the game. It was perfectly disrespectful.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Not a game memory, but a great had to be there memory.
In the late 90's I worked with a great group of guys gutting and remodeling some of the crappiest buildings in IFAS.
Leading up to the game the jokes were going around comparing Spurriers Johnson (doug) vs Bowdens Weinke (Chris) and they were discussing it on the Lex and Terry radio show when A guy called in saying he worked for Physical Plant and his job was to check all the bulbs in BHG stadium. This got our attention so we all gathered around the radio and the guy said he knocked on Spurriers door one day but didn't get an answer so he walked in. Just as he did SOS came walking out of the bathroom that's in his office buck naked, drying his hair with a towel, and was unfazed by the guy being there.
There was a long pause and then Terry asked, welll.... was he hung, and the guy said "like a loaf of french bread" everyone of us was laughing, everyone on the show was laughing, it was just funny as hell and you just knew it was true.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
86...kerwin to Ricky in the rain....we had no biz winning this game....offense was horrible! Sammy Smith dominated us and a long td run got called back for holding...we blocked a kick and that sparked the offense...kerwin hit Ricky right in front of where we were sitting for the game winning fg...it capped a six year run...started by coach's fav memory...

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The following year was great too. We went up there to Tallahassee and beat them. They were ranked and we weren't. We ended up storming *THEIR* field and tearing down *THEIR* goalposts after the game. It was perfectly disrespectful.
Bob Hewko on bad knees with the game tying TD and then was the holder on the game winning FG.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Lots of good moments to pick from and hard not to pick a Tebow moment but I think I'll go with the Johnson to Green pass. I was so heated after watching Janikowski hit that FG and then do the gator chomp so to hit that pass the very next play after the kickoff and then to end it with with game winning TD was exhilarating.

AgingGator

Oct 3, 2018
Was there for that one. It was a beautiful thing!!

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Lots of good moments to pick from and hard not to pick a Tebow moment but I think I'll go with the Johnson to Green pass. I was so heated after watching Janikowski hit that FG and then do the gator chomp so to hit that pass the very next play after the kickoff and then to end it with with game winning TD was exhilarating.

"UF suffered two regular-season losses in 1997 and were double-digit underdogs against top-ranked Florida State, the favorite to win the national championship. But the Gators would play spoiler that season in what’s still known as the “Greatest game ever played in The Swamp.”
Florida and FSU went back and forth throughout the contest, which had six lead changes. But after a late field goal and Gator Chomp celebration from FSU kicker Sebastian Janikowski, UF responded with a 3-play, game-winning touchdown drive and upset the Seminoles, 32-29."

"They went 80 yards in three plays!... perhaps too quickly!"

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Sorry, but I don’t understand how any of you can list a nole spoiler moment higher than a Gator MNC. BTW, SOS can’t understand that either.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Its crazy this game doesn't have more crazy endings than it does. I remember FSU beating us in 2003 with less than a minute left I think (Rix hit a 4th and long and then hit a 50 plus yard bomb to give FSU the win) but I don't remember us ever beating FSU that way. We did take the lead over them with around 2 minutes left in 97 and then got an interception to seal that game where a FG could have tied it up.

I guess scoring that late TD in 97 to screw over their #1 ranking and championship hopes would be my favorite memory.

That Rix game was the one where the refs effed us repeatedly with bad calls if memory serves me correctly.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
All of these are great but I’ll throw one of favorites out there. When Reggie Nelson practically murdered their fullback on a play he tried to sneak up the sideline.

Inforthelongterm

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2016
'91 was so awesome because we hadn't won in forever and it gave everyone hope that Spurrier was real and comfort that he was ours, but 2007 was my personal favorite. I think there were rampant rumors (maybe even news) earlier in the week that FSU had our signals. If true, HBC alternating quarterbacks was nothing short of genius. Also, I choose to think that the hand signals that Doug Johnson was using at the end of the game when we didn't have time to alternate QBs were ones that the Noles knew, and while he signaled a curl to Jacquez Green, both knew all along the real plan was a curl and go that flipped the field and set up Fred Taylor's score to plays later. Best example of beating the dirty b@strds at their own game that I've ever seen.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
'91 was so awesome because we hadn't won in forever and it gave everyone hope that Spurrier was real and comfort that he was ours, but 2007 was my personal favorite. I think there were rampant rumors (maybe even news) earlier in the week that FSU had our signals. If true, HBC alternating quarterbacks was nothing short of genius. Also, I choose to think that the hand signals that Doug Johnson was using at the end of the game when we didn't have time to alternate QBs were ones that the Noles knew, and while he signaled a curl to Jacquez Green, both knew all along the real plan was a curl and go that flipped the field and set up Fred Taylor's score to plays later. Best example of beating the dirty b@strds at their own game that I've ever seen.

That was 97. Doug Johnson didn’t alternate with Timmy in 2007.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My first favorite was in 81. They had won 4 in a row. A record at the time. I got up in the old South endzone by these drunk gals. We poured it on and I was laughing and screaming the WHOLE game 35-3. We went to Atlanta to play WV and got hammered but it didnt wash away that great feeling in Gville. WV played that game in the wet cold like it was THEIR super bowl. Our team had partied way to hard before the game.
And then I got a ticket a mile outside of Gville on the way home............

Yeah, a nippy, wet, WTF peach bowl game... crazy.

But despite that and the NCAA debacle, our Gator 'godfather' dug the grave for the 'wait till next year' monkey. The corner was turned.
charley-pelljpg-a323a529f15ea66b.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Anything from 52-20 of course but you have to go with the...go to the 18:18 minute mark...BEHIND THE DEFENSE!

I still to this day enjoy pausing this video at the 20:58 mark and extending double middle fingers to that pair of mother****ing cocksuckers named Andrews and Amato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator