Florida 4-7, least wins in the SEC

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Butters and Nusschump!

Younfinally rebuilt our roster and sure had that offense ready to explode! Best OL in the SEC!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
giphy.gif

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I hear ya, BUT its been two coaching tenures now. Muschamp and Mac both met with the same fate. Im starting to think its a UF/UAA/infrastructure/commitment- to- winning football problem.

However, Coach Mac made some really bad hiring choices in Nord, Nuss, and Kent. I know its been re-hashed a million times BUT those were so so bad. He definitely deserves blame, but with each passing day of irrelevance the UAA and its commitment gets questioned further.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Does anyone think Muschamp or McElwain will ever lead another team to the promised land? I don't and they were terrible hires if that is your ultimate goal.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I hear ya, BUT its been two coaching tenures now. Muschamp and Mac both met with the same fate. Im starting to think its a UF/UAA/infrastructure/commitment- to- winning football problem.

However, Coach Mac made some really bad hiring choices in Nord, Nuss, and Kent. I know its been re-hashed a million times BUT those were so so bad. He definitely deserves blame, but with each passing day of irrelevance the UAA and its commitment gets questioned further.

my feeling is that post-Meyer the UAA and boosters have been more committed to controlling the football program instead of helping it win.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
UF/UAA/infrastructure/commitment- to- winning football problem.
True. It was like the UAA decided to punish Butters because Fooley made some terrible contract decisions prior. Now, without a doubt, Butters hired his boys and wouldnt have survived regardless (bc Nusschump), but he sure as hell didnt want to hire that FIU NTx crap. He expected us to be hiring Bammer /SEC level staff.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
True. It was like the UAA decided to punish Butters because Fooley made some terrible contract decisions prior. Now, without a doubt, Butters hired his boys and wouldnt have survived regardless (bc Nusschump), but he sure as hell didnt want to hire that FIU NTx crap. He expected us to be hiring Bammer /SEC level staff.
No doubt. was he a good coach? no, but he expected a Bama level playing field. Having coached there, He knew what it takes and apparently we weren't there.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The biggest butters pumper here is singing "let it go". Lol

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
This is who we are.

We have a mediocre football program, at best. We have not been a premier program since Foley decided to not fire Muschamp after the embarrassing loss to Georgia Southern. We have never recovered from that moment.

F*** you, Foley. You suck.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is who we are.

We have a mediocre football program, at best. We have not been a premier program since Foley decided to not fire Muschamp after the embarrassing loss to Georgia Southern. We have never recovered from that moment.

F*** you, Foley. You suck.
Yup and I have no doubt that if he would have fired duncechimp when he should have, we could have landed Franklin and quickly recovered from the post-Meyer slump. That decision, and the subsequent decision to not only hire Butters but to let him bring in garbage like Nord and Nuss has royally and I mean royally screwed our program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yup and I have no doubt that if he would have fired duncechimp when he should have, we could have landed Franklin and quickly recovered from the post-Meyer slump.
We were never going to hire Franklin. He was in great demand. We were always going to hire cheap.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have nobody left anywhere in the entire football department, unless of course you count SOS, that even knows what a competent, winning football program looks like.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a mediocre football program, at best. We have not been a premier program since Foley decided to not fire Muschamp
No, since Fooley declared we werent getting in an arms race.

He conceded.

And meant it.

We have nickeled and dimed a bit here and there since then, but the mindset is still present and on full display.

We have no intention of giving them the quality coaches in the bowels to watch the film, grade the practices, prepare the game plans, and evaluate the tens of thousands of has kids necesssary to compete.

Nothing has changed and now every coach knows it.

We are completely comfortable with being Vandylite. Proud of it even. And quite comfortable with being a 4-8 loss team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.