Florida AD Emeritus Jeremy Foley to serve as professor at school

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
http://gridironnow.com/florida-ad-emeritus-jeremy-foley-to-serve-as-professor-at-school/

Florida AD Emeritus Jeremy Foley to serve as professor at school

Jeremy Foley has a new job at Florida after retiring as athletic director in October 2016. He now will now serve as a professor in the practice of sport leadership for the College of Health and Human Performance.

Exciting News out of TRSM! Former UF AD Jeremy Foley will become Professor in Practice in Sport Leadership. https://t.co/Gc1TXmCaFd pic.twitter.com/mLwKG9LmOV

— UF College of HHP (@UF_HHP) May 10, 2017

Foley will start his new position in the fall semester. He also will lead a seminar ever year on leadership in athletics.

The former Florida AD led the department since 1992. The Gators won 27 national titles during his time in office.

----

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This is actually a good thing. 1) he has tons of experience to pass down and 2) he will keep occupied so he doesn't go near the football program.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Did anyone really think that he would just go away? His ties to UF are very strong much in the same way as Spurrier. They both love UF.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope he isn't trying to meddle in things to do with the AD.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been a big meltdown in here about this. I'll keep checking in.
popcorn_2.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been a big meltdown in here about this. I'll keep checking in.
popcorn_2.gif

Law's in traffic court trying to get somebody off on a trumped up no-seatbelt ticket! Give it some time....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This is really quite an admission on Foley's part. Taking this position says, I was not ready to retire. Now I guess you could say he was ready to slow down, so I stepped down from the AD position to a bit of teaching. But you could also say he was forced out of the AD position he did not want to give up and landed at this position because he did not want to retire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm shocked. I heard Fooley was shoo in for the SEC or Big 12 Commish job. How could the GOAT get passed over.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'm shocked. I heard Fooley was shoo in for the SEC or Big 12 Commish job. How could the GOAT get passed over.

Yep that thought ocurred to me too? I remember the year he was a shoe in to become the GM of the Falcons. The Foley fans always had him in demand for some job he was not qualified to do.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I'd like to take his "How to Hire Coaches Cheaply" course. :grin:

How fitting that this news came today as last nite I was at the baseball game vs. USF. After a play someone asked if they were going to show a replay on the video scoreboard. I informed him that was not possible. He then said"They can play all those videos, etc. but can't show a replay of what just happened?" I said you are correct. He then asked "How is that Possible?" I had to give him the Cliffs Notes version on the cheapness of the previous AD when it came to certain things. I won;t go into the laundry list, but after, the fan was able to somewhat comprehend.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
or how about "Chick's Sports is as Important as Dude's Sports" seminar?

Don't get me wrong I LOVE our ladies in Softball, Volleyball and Gymnastics - (Cough), doing well in sports but cmon Professor....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator