Gator Baseball Florida breaks ground on $65 million baseball stadium

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Even assuming that is correct, it seems like a brilliant, completely fair, and maximization of economic value to first prioritize and accommodate the 60k Fans per season max at baseball games compared to the 350k per season at football games plus the millions that watch on TV. Glad those friends and families of the baseball players will be comfortable and have plenty of room to easily socially distance of the Rona hangs out through Spring.

I do not disagree. However, since the McKethan baseball facility was chosen as the site of the new football facility, McKethan had to be removed prior to construction of site new football facility. UF did not forsee a global pandemic which has now delayed construction of the new football facility.

I have been attending Gator Baseball since I moved to Ocala in 1991 and a season ticket holder since 1998. The average attendance in 2013 was 3,511 for 36 home games and the attendance has increased every year since then.

Swonk, in spite of his vehement denials in another thread, must believe in voodoo. How else could UF have known about the Chinese virus?

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
UF did not forsee a global pandemic which has now delayed construction of the new football facility.

How else could UF have known about the Chinese virus?

So, the Rona has had us on facilities lock down since 2008? When this pandemic started in the US, many on here jokingly referenced how the defenders would come in arguing about this justifying facilities delays. I figured "maybe on Swampgas, but unlikely here".

Maybe we can compete at a championship level in pandemic balance sheets, though I doubt that too because less people buy Gator gear and buy tickets since we have not been competing for championships in more than a decade. It's been nearly 3 full High School classes since we were truly playing at the top of the game. But, baseball will have new facilities, softball will have new facilities, the Odome has been redone, and football needs to raise another $70 million in addition to all the money stolen from football already. Damn it China!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So, the Rona has had us on facilities lock down since 2008? When this pandemic started in the US, many on here jokingly referenced how the defenders would come in arguing about this justifying facilities delays. I figured "maybe on Swampgas, but unlikely here".

Maybe we can compete at a championship level in pandemic balance sheets, though I doubt that too because less people buy Gator gear and buy tickets since we have not been competing for championships in more than a decade. It's been nearly 3 full High School classes since we were truly playing at the top of the game. But, baseball will have new facilities, softball will have new facilities, the Odome has been redone, and football needs to raise another $70 million in addition to all the money stolen from football already. Damn it China!

1. I am addressing the current situation only. Not 2008. There have been football improvements since then.
2. I am not defending or justifying anything. I am only describing rationally the circumstances as they currently exist.
3. I am acknowledging the fact there is absolutely nothing I can do to change the circumstances and choose to use my time and energy to work on other issues that I can change rather than cry, bellyache, whine and wet my panties because UF does not do what makes me happy.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
1. I am addressing the current situation only. Not 2008. There have been football improvements since then.
2. I am not defending or justifying anything. I am only describing rationally the circumstances as they currently exist.
3. I am acknowledging the fact there is absolutely nothing I can do to change the circumstances and choose to use my time and energy to work on other issues that I can change rather than cry, bellyache, whine and wet my panties because UF does not do what makes me happy.
4. I am perfectly happy to smugly suckle from the teat of the golden goose that I owe my existence to like an entitled little bytch.
FIFY

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Smug is not good but I will take smug any day over being triggered like an entitled Karen because a top 10 university doesn't comply with my agenda
It isnt a top 10 university. It is barely a top 40 university and not everyone agrees that that.

No one in the real fccking world cares whether you're the top 10 public Southeastern University by ratio of price to tuition or whatever the fcck they keep mentioning.

you keep clapping while these fccking idiots destroyed our program. you don't have to suck at football in order to increase your academic standing.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Smug is not good but I will take smug any day over being triggered like an entitled Karen because a top 10 university doesn't comply with my agenda

You really tow the company line, even buying in on the Top 10 University shtick. We are 34th. Which is pretty tremendous improvement (not trying to bait that discussion in here), but claiming Top 10 University, without all the public, land grant university conditions noted is pretty UCF National Championship-esque.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
And here we are. This is a classic case why it’s foolish and misguided to spend money on things you don’t need prior to funding the things you do need.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, we knew it would be 2025-2030 at the earliest .

I think the next coach gets hired by the next ad and hopefully they have cut all the cancer out of the athletic director's office.

flushed the whole damn thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator