Florida Football 2016: 5 players the Gators’ defense will struggle against

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
http://hailfloridahail.com/2016/08/...-defense-will-struggle-against-this-season/3/

1. Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

2. Nick Chubb, RB , Georgia
3. Jalen Hurd, RB, Tennessee
4. Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
5. Sony Michel, RB, Georgia

Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee

Spoiler alert: Joshua Dobbs is the only quarterback who made the list.

When it is all said and done, Dobbs could end up winning a Heisman in 2016. In the process, he could end up leading the Volunteers to a national championship. Tennessee is that talented this season, and so is Dobbs.
In 2015, he racked up 2,291 passing yards and 15 touchdowns. He also had 671 rushing yards and 11 more TDs on the ground. Yes, he 100 percent has dual-threat abilities — it’s all in the stats.

Time will tell if the Volunteers are worth the hype. Make no mistake about it, though, Dobbs is one to watch out for all season long.
For the record, the QB had 83 passing yards and 136 rushing yards against the Gators in 2015. In 2016, Dobbs & Co. get the Gators at home. To make matters even worse, the next player on this list is also a Volunteer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this guy must have brain damage with his write up on Dobbs and thinking Tenn could win a national championship. Dobbs is a mediocre passing QB at best.

Fournette is the obvious # 1 choice since he ran all over us the last 2 years even with us stacking the line some but we do get them at home.
:lmao:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I see nothing wrong with the article, the guy can have his opinion and I do not disagree with him. Both Hurd and Dobbs rushed for over 100 yds. against UF last year I believe and can see that happening again this year. Regardless of year and who wears the jersey, UF never has had great success stopping a run first QB. Same can be said for a sturdy, power running game, which is why the Arkansas game could easily be a loss in my opinion. I am not sold on our D-Coordinator as I see too many guys out of gaps and position way too often under his direction.
I started to dislike your post, then I realized it's just your avatar I dislike.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
your-stupid_o_308584.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
5 players the Gator defense will struggle against:

1: Luke Del Rio
2: Jordan Cronkrite
3: Jordan Scarlett
4: Antonio Callaway
5: Brandon Powell

Nobody else stands a chance!
:chomp:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Dobbs' 2015 performance against our D was somewhat a fluke. Our D will have several new
"smarter" D players that will contribute to a swarming defense that will first bog down Dobbs & Hurd
enuf so other tacklers will get that surer shot to ground them at short gains = no gaudy rip-runs.

Dobbs just might have improved his throwing, but I still do not think he has the "QB-soul" to
take apart good coverage. So it's all gonna be on our DBs and our "pass-rushim". No reason
we can't put on them down like we did Ole Miss last year.

The entity I worry about is our too-light OL at run blocking where our RBs get clogged up ?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see nothing wrong with the article, the guy can have his opinion and I do not disagree with him. Both Hurd and Dobbs rushed for over 100 yds. against UF last year I believe and can see that happening again this year. Regardless of year and who wears the jersey, UF never has had great success stopping a run first QB. Same can be said for a sturdy, power running game, which is why the Arkansas game could easily be a loss in my opinion. I am not sold on our D-Coordinator as I see too many guys out of gaps and position way too often under his direction.

We will game plan a little for cone head running that much this time hopefully.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You tell me their QB ran for 100 yards, I yawn.

You show me one that threw for 350-400 yards, I tremble.

Dobbs is in the first category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.