Florida Getting Interest From Four Star Big Men

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't get your hopes up. None of the writers at the Sun have a clue.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kevin brockaway's source is usually the bottom scroll on espn

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you guys, we don't know what "interest" means but it probably doesn't mean much.
Unfortunately, White's situation is that he must win before he can get some decent recruits kinda like where McElwain is but with a lot less to sell.
The good news is that White 'should' have a good team this year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you guys, we don't know what "interest" means but it probably doesn't mean much.
Unfortunately, White's situation is that he must win before he can get some decent recruits kinda like where McElwain is but with a lot less to sell.
The good news is that White 'should' have a good team this year.
White's got 2 pretty good recruits for the 17 class already. I think he's doing a pretty decent job recruiting this off-season. It's the coaching that has me worried. I'm also not sure about us having a pretty good team next year. With Egbunu and Robinson recovering from injuries and no home games for the first half of the season may be pretty tough to overcome. We've got a pretty tough schedule so I'd saywe'll be on the bubble if not worse.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
Agree T, there were a ton of examples from last year that seem to indicate that White was out-coached. But from my vantage point, I felt like if we had at least ONE good shooter we could have won more games.... I know it's the coaches job to scheme around that, but I remember those games last year where we had WIDE OPEN shots that our best shooters statistically, could not hit. I see it as a win though that White is recruiting pretty well considering we didn't make much noise last year :pumper:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Kevin brockaway's source is usually the bottom scroll on espn

cookie-8.jpg

Or worse.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Agree T, there were a ton of examples from last year that seem to indicate that White was out-coached. But from my vantage point, I felt like if we had at least ONE good shooter we could have won more games.... I know it's the coaches job to scheme around that, but I remember those games last year where we had WIDE OPEN shots that our best shooters statistically, could not hit. I see it as a win though that White is recruiting pretty well considering we didn't make much noise last year :pumper:
There's a pretty limited amount of sets you can run when your as limited offensively as we were last year. When you don't have a very good shooting team you have to take care of the ball and and grind it out on the defensive end. For some reason we would take quick shots and press without applying much pressure. It was a head scratcher at times. Our rotations defensively weren't s very crisp at all. I'm hoping alot of this is caused by players not being completely bought in the first year and we can get over it. On another positive note, I think we're gonna add a couple more solid players to this 17 class.

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
Agreed. Lets hope this recruiting is a harbinger of things to come... I watched the back to back championships during the Florida takeover, can't wait until were back to that level

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I agree with many of the responses:

1. Brockway is not much of a basketball beat writer in my view. Still it was a bit of information about UF recruiting bigs for 2017.

2. White is off to a good 2017 class, but he needs a big or two to round out the class. Give UF one of these guys and the younger Gak and I would be quite content.

3. I think interest means there is mutual interest unlike say Knox who might have UF on a list but is not really interested.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Until we reach 50% from the stripe we'll struggle to stay in games. White desperately needs a decent point guard. The big men haven't been our problem. It's bums like Cheezy and Hill that are killing us.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
I'm pretty for sure we are near the top of the list for Sexton. He is an absolute must get if we can. Last I heard it has been between us and I think Alabama. Top recruit!

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Not trying to be that guy but can we recruit a guy taller than 6'9 for center. I mean I'll take what we can get, but I'd prefer to have 6'10-7'0fters at center

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Not trying to be that guy but can we recruit a guy taller than 6'9 for center. I mean I'll take what we can get, but I'd prefer to have 6'10-7'0fters at center
We did. He's been ruled ineligible to play though.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Big guys should see an opportunity for playing time. I hope White lands a few big guys in 2017.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I'm pretty for sure we are near the top of the list for Sexton. He is an absolute must get if we can. Last I heard it has been between us and I think Alabama. Top recruit!

I am afraid that Sexton has blown up so much that his list may change greatly. UAL does have all the 247 prediction and UF no longer has any right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.