Florida opens up as a 9.5 underdog to UT

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is saying that the smart bettors will make BOTH bets. Most likely only one will pay out and you will break even, but both will pay out if UT wins by 7, 8 or 9.
Got it. Thanks. Shows why I'm not much of a bettor other than in the stock market. Maybe I should start. Seems like it's probably less rigged.

Last edited:

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
That's either a bogus line or it's going to come WAY down. No way it stays that high.

Not sure what reputable sports book takes lines more than week out especially when the teams play before that game.
But I will be in Vegas for this game so I hope that is the line!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I mean, Tennessee could beat us. I don't think they will, but they could. But it won't be by 10+ points. Not a chance in hell.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Got it. Thanks. Shows why I'm not much of a bettor other than in the stock market. Maybe I should start. Seems like it's probably less rigged.
I oversimplified it a bit. In the breakeven scenario where you only win one of the bets the house gets a cut and you aren't completely whole. You'd need to be making a lot of bets like that over time and you'd need to do well guessing which way the line will move.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
That 9.5 point spread in favor of UT was for the first half only. They forgot to tell you that. Take UT and the points for the first half, but bet on Butch to have PTSD, PMS, seizures, and urinary incontinence in the final rwo quarters.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still want to know what that spread is based on. Sure, we played like doo doo butter against UMass, but they played just as bad (if not worse) against App and needed a missed PAT just to force OT. Then the only reason they beat Tech the way they did was by spraying all of Tech's footballs with baking grease.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You look at a line like this and you think, what are they seeing that I'm not? They haven't looked particularly special in either of their games and I'm guessing we're gonna do everything we can to bottle up Hurd and make Dobbs, who doesn't impress me, try and beat us. I don't think he can.

I'll take the points. I hope we don't need 'em.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UT is hurting. Sutton could be gone for the year, Kirkland (starting LB) may be out again and Maybin Reeves was hurt today. All that and Dobbs & Hurd still suck and their O-Line is trash and their receivers are garbage.

Gators win

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
time to try the freshman safety

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On that sack by Zuniga, we had Kylan Johnson at LB

lot of backups

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chris Williamson playing as well

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The whole defense is backups

Chauncy

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Our front seven has to be drooling when they watch the tape on the TN o-line. They've looked horrible in every game so far.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac didn't sound like we're gonna have Del Rio for the next game. We may see the spread open up even more if he isn't good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator