GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some interesting stats:
Aub took 14 more shots than us (73-59).
Aub had more offensive rebounds (18) than defensive (17) - one reason they got so many more shots than us.
Aub had 8 more offensive rebounds than us (18-10) - mostly due to Bu getting hurt, and Haye's foul trouble (lack of size in the paint).
We had 3 more FTs than Aub (42-39) - though they had less fouls than us (28-25).
We shot the 3-ball and FTs incredibly well for a road game.
Keep it up Gators!
:chomp:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There wasn't a great angle on the replay. Basically was from the waist up, so we can't really tell what happened.
When he first went down I thought maybe he landed on another player's foot and twisted an ankle, but he
went straight for his knee. Hopefully it's just a week or two.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
This has been fun to watch. I'm gonna be honest. This has been the funnest season since 07 to me.

Seriously? 2006 and 2007 were great but so were 2012, 2013, and especially 2014 when we were undefeated in conference all the way through the SEC tourney which included 3-0 against UK. The U Conn loss in the Final Four was really the only disappointment that season.

In all honesty, this team really reminds me of that 2014 team because it is built in much the same way . Like that team there are not really any true "super stars" on the team with guaranteed first round NBA draft appeal. This group is also like that 2014 team when they are firing on all cylinders because they play with such intensity and teamwork that it must make it almost nightmarish to play against them since it has to feel like there are 10 sets of hands poking at the ball from every angle during every offensive possession! Also tought to defend us because you have to defend the whole team since there is no way to key on any one player because our offense is so fluid and on any given night one of as many as 6 or 7 different players could be leading the scoring charge.

I will agree with you though that this team is looking really solid and truly is a joy to watch! Now that they've really gelled as a group and have focused on such a high level of team play the hustle and unselfishness in their play makes me especially proud to have this team representing UF. I guess all those Mike White nay sayers are going to have to get a grip! :)

It still amazes me how critical our fan base can be on a 1st year coach who had to not only follow up a Hall of Fame legend but who also had to take on that daunting task with an inherited roster from one of worst seasons the Legend ever had. Admittedly, it was disappointing not to make the NCAA's last year, but last year's team was still better than the year before and this team is clearly much better that either of those teams.

Gauging from the level of improvement in this year's team and looking at the overall youth of the team as well I think we are well situated for having Billy D's UF's basketball legacy preserved and carried on into the future. If so, then not only do we owe Billy D an eternal debt of gratitude for building a program that made us nationally relevant in Basketball, but we also owe Foley as well for making a coaching choice in the wake of his leaving that looks like it may not only preserve that relevance but also looks like it will preserve the UF culture and style of play that Billy D established as well.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
White should be Coach of the Century for the production he's been able to get out of Kasey Hill. The guy is a completely different player.

He has improved so much that he may actually be able to now have a career after college. Not likely NBA bound, but he could definitely follow the path of Scotty Wilbekin overseas especially given his speed, defensive ability and new found leadership capabilities.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
The only thing I got from this game is that if you drink kerosene as a kid you can become a pretty good chemistry professor at LSU.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The evidence shows that coach White is an extra good HC. Just don't forget to think that Kasey Hill must have worked his butt off to hone his skills.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
knee-osteoarthritis.jpg

Damn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.