Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:britney:

Name a single coach fsu could possibly hire that would be worse than the shyt show going on there now?
I don’t know but I’m guessing we find out who they think can right the ship sooner than later. He’s gone - just a matter of time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Still a lot of support for Willie.
"Idk what the big deal here is. We all expected a record of 6-6 or 7-5 and we are on track for that. Beating Wake would put us ahead of expectations. I understand that each loss is frustrating but we have to be patient. Yes, awkward timeouts are annoying, yes it sucks we have two barely serviceable QBs, yes it really sucks that our OL is garbage, and yes it blows that Aguayo is regressing. We are still on track for pre-season predictions. We aren't worse than expected, so that's good news."

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Butters....muschump.....maybe they aren’t worse but damn close

Butters and muschamp are twice the coach of Willllllllie. Look at their records in their first 2 years at Florida compared to his. That's not even taking into consideration how pathetic the ACC has been the last 2 years. The fsu fans I know would sacrifice a limb to have butters or muschamp right now.

The only way they could do worse than Willllllllie is if they hired one of us to intentionally ruin the program and I still have my doubts it'd be as bad as what they have now.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Still a lot of support for WiLLLLLLLie.
"Idk what the big deal here is. We all expected a record of 6-6 or 7-5 and we are on track for that. Beating Wake would put us ahead of expectations. I understand that each loss is frustrating but we have to be patient. Yes, awkward timeouts are annoying, yes it sucks we have two barely serviceable QBs, yes it really sucks that our OL is garbage, and yes it blows that Aguayo is regressing. We are still on track for pre-season predictions. We aren't worse than expected, so that's good news."

Those people are pumpers...if $$$ is the only thing preventing the change...you find it somewhere. I'm not sure how anyone could think that the program will be in better shape as long as he is there. I doubt they keep him.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Gosh I love this story. As long as WiLLLLLLLie has not violated a clause in his contract, if terminated he would be guaranteed $17MIL. Does that have to be paid up front? doubt it, so that would cost $4.25MIL for the next 4 years, provided he does not get another job and that portion offsets the buyout. Well they can't afford $4.25 MIL in dead money so I say WiLLLLLLLie should play hardballs. He could ask for the present value of $17MIL now, which won;t save the :nole: much b/c interest rates are low. So maybe WiLLLLLLLie should pull a Bobby Bonilla. In exchange for saving you money annually, how about you pay me 1 MIL annually for the next 30 years? I like it! Do not cave WiLLLLLLLie, do not cave!

I hope he doesn’t pull a Bobby B. $1m per year for 30 years seems much less damaging to FSU than having to pay $4.25m per year for the next 4 years. We’ve got to hope Willie kicks them while they’re down. Mullen also needs to hire an ace recruiter and take advantage of this gift while it’s there.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Butters and muschamp are twice the coach of Willllllllie. Look at their records in their first 2 years at Florida compared to his. That's not even taking into consideration how pathetic the ACC has been the last 2 years. The fsu fans I know would sacrifice a limb to have butters or muschamp right now.

The only way they could do worse than Willllllllie is if they hired one of us to intentionally ruin the program and I still have my doubts it'd be as bad as what they have now.

CHump was terrible. The only reason he had that one year was Dan Quinn and a bunch of leftover STUDS. The same type of fans that wanted to keep chump after GSU are the same ones saying to be patient with Taggart. They are the worst.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm having a hard time believing anyone good enough to salvage that program at its current point would be willing to come, especially considering the amount they could afford to pay, and the mess theyd be tasked with cleaning up. Good coaches are hard to come by, and rarely want to walk into a full on dumpster fire. The only way a good one would be willing, and lets be serious - itll take a real good one to turn that thing around, would be for some serious compensation.

They may be able to get rid of slick WiLLLLLLLie, but they likely wont have enough left over to capitalize on it. I'd say at this point, there's a higher risk of their program turning into the next UT by firing him, than if they simply give him 2 more years and get rid of him without mortgaging the program.

Durty, you make some excellent points.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We need to get something viral going before the FSU game. A chant for the entire stadium. So when we inevitably curb stomp them into an alternate dimension, they’ll hear 90K people chanting something like, “Thank you, Willie! clap clap, clap clap clap,” or “Please keep Willie,” or “Don’t fire Willie,” etc.

We have some of the best* minds in Gator nation on this board, let’s brainstorm.

*not really, I’m just trying to use flattery to get my way

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
They way the contract is written the y have to pay him monthly over the original term.

“The University reserves the right to terminate your employment without cause for its own convenience at any time. In the event you are terminated without cause, University will pay you liquidated damages in an amount equal to 85 percent the total remaining compensation due to you through the end of the otherwise unexpired term, less required deductions and applicable withholdings for federal, state and local taxes. The payments will be made on a monthly basis over the remaining term of the contract.”

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Lots of moving parts, the AD is leaving (and the President?). Do they wait for a new administration to come in and evaluate the situation. The boosters obviously wouldn't come up with the money to retain Jimbo even if they wanted to. And they reportedly went cheap on hiring assistants for Taggert. Are they now going to part with millions to take a chance on another coaching gamble. Don't forget they also have to pay buyouts to hire a new coach. The new guy will still be left with a shytty oline, no marquee players and an uphill recruiting battle. We've been there but we've got the money. Lots of tough choices in tallacrappy and no good answers. Couldn't happen to a better bunch.
Hell I don't even know what's worse for them to do. If they fire Taggert and get another bum, they'll be bankrupt. Woot woot!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We need to get something viral going before the FSU game. A chant for the entire stadium. So when we inevitably curb stomp them into an alternate dimension, they’ll hear 90K people chanting something like, “Thank you, WiLLLLLLLie! clap clap, clap clap clap,” or “Please keep WiLLLLLLLie,” or “Don’t fire WiLLLLLLLie,” etc.

We have some of the best* minds in Gator nation on this board, let’s brainstorm.

"Don't Free Willie"

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have posted this before, but will do so again. Here are the names which keep popping up to replace wiLLLLLLLLLLLie:

1. Dino Babers

2. Mike Leach

3. Dave Clawson

4. Mike Gundy

5. Urban Meyer

6. Matt Campbell

Number 5 isn't happening and Gundy's name always pops up in these things. He always says no.
They have to replace willie with a black coach to avoid the charge of racism. Babers it is.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
We need to get something viral going before the FSU game. A chant for the entire stadium. So when we inevitably curb stomp them into an alternate dimension, they’ll hear 90K people chanting something like, “Thank you, WiLLLLLLLie! clap clap, clap clap clap,” or “Please keep WiLLLLLLLie,” or “Don’t fire WiLLLLLLLie,” etc.

DONT BE RACIST!!! clap clap clap clap clap

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.