Florida State is in shambles: throw INT in end zone after being in winning FG range

Which would you rather see?

• UF wins 2020 National Championship

Votes: 146 81.1%
  • FSU football program permanently dismantled

Votes: 34 18.9%

• Total voters

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I watched this entire thing. These guys are 1,000 times better than Pat & Robbie. They don't seem to be scared to getting their access cut off. A lot of brutal honestly here.

True but the analogy would be more like Bob Redmon & Thomas Goldkamp, right?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
No one else a little worried that changing coaches, or threatening to change coaches, could get the FSU players revved up just before our game?

That kind of thing might help them for a quarter. They can’t catch up 2 years of development, training & execution because Odell gives a moving pregame talk. Their OL can’t block. Can’t fix that.

No way our side takes them lightly, rivalry plus too many known and excellent athletes to keep their attention.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I realize that the purpose of this thread is to gloat. And after listening to Seminole fan relatives gloat when they were up, I am enjoying WiLLLLLLLie as much as anyone. However, if our team is as overconfident as the posters here, we may be in trouble.

One of the best parts about their demise is that opposing fans aren't the only ones mocking. You'll find plenty of posts in this thread of ex-fsu players mocking wiLLLLLLLLLLLie. It is embarrassing.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Dmniq8vUUAU9uUB.0.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There's plenty of stories out today that fsu really doesn't want to fire wiLLLLLLLLLLLie. Here are some excerpts from Andy Staples article published in "The Athletic,"

1. That administration has a president planning to retire next year and an athletic director who was elevated from interim status because no suitable sitting athletic directors wanted the job when it opened in 2018. President John Thrasher and AD David Coburn have worked hard to restructure Florida State’s athletic department so the next president will have a robust pool of AD candidates. Neither man wants to fire, then hire a football coach before all that can take place. They don’t want to pay buyouts going and coming.

2. Another reason the administration doesn’t want to fire Taggart is because everyone is painfully aware of the optics if he loses his job while fellow second-year coaches Chip Kelly (UCLA) and Scott Frost (Nebraska) have to this point fared as badly or worse at their jobs. Kelly and Frost don’t seem to be any danger. They are white, and Taggart is black. That oversimplifies the discussion, but it is a factor everyone will consider.

3. Thrasher and Coburn have worked to bring Florida State in line with other schools in terms of athletic administration. For decades, Seminole Boosters president Andy Miller has been more powerful than the athletic director. That’s why so few qualified applicants wanted the job when previous AD Stan Wilcox left. But Miller is about to retire as well. The athletic department is being converted to a direct-support organization similar to the ones Florida and UCF use to run their athletic departments. The next AD will not face a power struggle. That person will be in charge. So that should attract more candidates for that job.

This last paragraph I found fascinating.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There's plenty of stories out today that fsu really doesn't want to fire wiLLLLLLLLLLLie. Here are some excerpts from Andy Staples article published in "The Athletic,"

1. That administration has a president planning to retire next year and an athletic director who was elevated from interim status because no suitable sitting athletic directors wanted the job when it opened in 2018. President John Thrasher and AD David Coburn have worked hard to restructure Florida State’s athletic department so the next president will have a robust pool of AD candidates. Neither man wants to fire, then hire a football coach before all that can take place. They don’t want to pay buyouts going and coming.

2. Another reason the administration doesn’t want to fire Taggart is because everyone is painfully aware of the optics if he loses his job while fellow second-year coaches Chip Kelly (UCLA) and Scott Frost (Nebraska) have to this point fared as badly or worse at their jobs. Kelly and Frost don’t seem to be any danger. They are white, and Taggart is black. That oversimplifies the discussion, but it is a factor everyone will consider.

3. Thrasher and Coburn have worked to bring Florida State in line with other schools in terms of athletic administration. For decades, Seminole Boosters president Andy Miller has been more powerful than the athletic director. That’s why so few qualified applicants wanted the job when previous AD Stan Wilcox left. But Miller is about to retire as well. The athletic department is being converted to a direct-support organization similar to the ones Florida and UCF use to run their athletic departments. The next AD will not face a power struggle. That person will be in charge. So that should attract more candidates for that job.

This last paragraph I found fascinating.

I’m insulted they put UCF in the same sentence as us.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Setting aside the seething disdain for a moment, I’m curious how F$U is perceived nationally as a department generally and a football program. They have squandered the reputation they gained under Bowden (as irritating as it was) and had major scandals across the programs.

They have fundamental disadvantages. 1. Their roots are shallow. That has been compensated by political maneuvers securing state funds for upgrades that are thinly veiled as academic projects.

2. They are distant, an hour farther from Jax and 2.5 hours farther than everything south of Gainesville.

3. They enroll and graduate fewer students than UF every year.

It’s hard to find a great coach. I see F$U slipping like scUM despite regional talent.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Beer? Hot water with lemon is Taggart’s speed

Don't you put me in the same category as Willie!
:finger:

(I've been told to put lemon juice in my drinks to try to avoid further kidney stones) Ever tried lemon in coffee? It's not as bad as having a kidney stone, I can assure you.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Swonk, I am beginning to think that your "stoned" ratings are self referential.
Why not admit, young whippersnapper, that you don't know who Lombardi is? Probably thinking of Lombardo as in "Guy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.