Florida whipped by Tennessee - Fire Coach White?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Mr. Positive ain't so positive anymore.

I am positive, but also realistic at the same time....plus I know I overreact in game threads, and later regret it lol

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I am positive, but also realistic at the same time....plus I know I overreact in game threads, and later regret it lol
Cool. Being realistic is all good in my eyes. It's why I said this team is terrible and our coach just seems to let them play street ball. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason yet you said I'm not positive. :lol:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Cool. Being realistic is all good in my eyes. It's why I said this team is terrible and our coach just seems to let them play street ball. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason yet you said I'm not positive. :lol:

Maybe you're right and I'm wrong. I just see talent on the court in Allen, DFS, Robinson, Egbunu and Hayes (raw but I like him for a freshman) and don't understand how we struggle to score so much.

It seems like they never play well together, and when one guy is on, two others are off. It's frustrating. Maybe it's White, maybe it's the players. Idk man

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe you're right and I'm wrong. I just see talent on the court in Allen, DFS, Robinson, Egbunu and Hayes (raw but I like him for a freshman) and don't understand how we struggle to score so much.

It seems like they never play well together, and when one guy is on, two others are off. It's frustrating. Maybe it's White, maybe it's the players. Idk man
It sucks and it hurts deep down inside. Like the football team playing that bowl game. Just wish they cared as much as we do.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
It's no mystery - we're just a horsesh@t team right now. White needs to learn how to get these guys to play together. TN is not that good and they punked our azz, embarrassing.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It sucks and it hurts deep down inside. Like the football team playing that bowl game. Just wish they cared as much as we do.

Bingo. I put more effort in the rec league at the Y than what I saw tonight. I would kill to play bball at UF, and these guys look like they don't care at times. Doesn't make sense.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I just don't know how I feel about white as a coach yet. I don't like alot things we're doing but I don't think Archie Miller or Chris Mack would be doing any better with this bunch.

GatorintheKnox

Masshole
Sep 20, 2015
I just don't know how I feel about white as a coach yet. I don't like alot things we're doing but I don't think Archie Miller or Chris Mack would be doing any better with this bunch.
I disagree. White might be in over his head. Archie Miller or Mack would have been a much better hire and I think this team is better coached with either. I also think we have talent. We just don't have a "go to scorer" and haven't since Parsons.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who isn't greater than Hill?

Sheesh.

VandyJay26 > Hill
Hell, Law98 > Hill
Even Wobble > Hill
I'll tell you who isn't greater than Hill...
Devon Walker, BFR and coach White.

Right now BFR might just be the worst scholarship player in the history of Gator basketball.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

It's too early to say but I would have LOVED the Miller hire. White came out of left field it seemed.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'll tell you who isn't greater than Hill...
Devon Walker, BFR and coach White.

Right now BFR might just be the worst scholarship player in the history of Gator basketball.

Walker is on par with Hill.

I'm telling you, you have to be patient with BFR. He is going to break out of this in time. Heck he beat Lee Humphrey heads up in a shooting contest (yes I know it's practice, but the stroke is there ).

White is still a ? Time will tell

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I disagree. White might be in over his head. Archie Miller or Mack would have been a much better hire and I think this team is better coached with either. I also think we have talent. We just don't have a "go to scorer" and haven't since Parsons.

We may have been better coached with Miller but we're not that talented.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think Robinson, Allen, and DFS are talented enough where we shouldn't have gotten the brakes beat off us tonight.

That's true. I'm not saying we shouldn't have won tonight just saying we're not that talented.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
We need to regroup and recharge...take a new attitude into the game with LSU. Hope the blowout made some of the players wake up and wise up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

I was hoping for Steve Prohm former Murray State coach, who is now 11-2 in his first year at Iowa State (although he has a loaded roster)

We just don't have a "go to scorer" and haven't since Parsons.

Wilbekin. When we needed a bucket he got it. What I wouldn't give to have someone half as good as Wilbekin right now. I truly believe the PG is the problem with this team. Hill and Chiozza went 1-12 last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.