Florida whipped by Tennessee - Fire Coach White?

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe because it's true... It's ridiculous to want to fire a coach that has a proven track record of being a good coach. Not even halfway through his first year

Sent from my IPad using tapatalk.

I'm with ya. It is ridiculous to talk about this now. Mid way through season 3, if the record isn't above 60% wins, then lets talk...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Works? Guy has one title to show for it. Took a team led by an all-star in Anthony Davis to get it.

I use "works" loosely. It works to get the recruits. I still think Cal is a suspect coach who can't develop players.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with ya. It is ridiculous to talk about this now. Mid way through season 3, if the record isn't above 60% wins, then lets talk...

Season three? Sure, for football. This is basketball. That should be better NEXT season. It's his job to bring in a PG. He better do it.

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Is this thread title for real? 2:
Wonder who changed it? White hasn't had a great season but there has been some improvment from last year. We just need to get some shooters in here. I think he will get at least 2 more years unless we totally flop next season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dodo maybe the most overrated player in UF history. Not that he isn't a good player, but even the announcers act like he's an all-American.

Our 2 PG's suck. Period. Until they are gone I'm not sure how we'll do. We need someone similar to Green. Knows the offense, can hit an open shot, good FT shooter, and above average IQ. Doesn't have to be good as Green, but same type of player.

The other big disappointment is Robinson. Super gifted, but dumb as a dick.

I think White gets three years, unless he tailspins next year. This year will be his first recruiting class of his guys. I also think this team will improve down the stretch. He's playing a lot of guys and hopefully they'll gel soon

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Right on. We need smart, high bball IQ guys like Horford, Green, Wilbekin, Yuegette, and Young.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
I'm thinking that Caliperi is telling Mom/Dad/ & 17 year old recruit that even if NBA doesn't
work out (injury, get cut, etc.), your boy can get his college education/diploma without worry. ??
… plenty "kids" who make NBA-$ wind up "not so rich". Anyway, it's an up-front guaranteed
diploma for Mom & Dad to hear about = a win-win invite. Sounds shady as hell to me too.
But all Caliperi has to do is make going UK better "sounding" than other college offers.??
It's a sales-closing offer.

Reading between the lines... calamari goes into non caucasian recruits home and sells them on guarantee education - which will never happen and he knows it.

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
Lets be honest. Foley went cheap after spending on Coach mac and hired some reject whos never even been to the tournament. I'm mad we never talked to Archie Miller. Hell ID even take mack beofre this guy.

My main concern is recruiting not this year. If he can't recruit we should just fire this clown now

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"Trumpet Sounding"

Come gather ye to me, all Vol fans.

Look at them.

Just look at them.

Does that put a smile on your face or what?

Our enemies, the JORT Caliphate are flooding into this thread worried about their post Billy D coach and crummy basketball team.

It appears the Gators have put their football crisis on the back burner. I guess our dysfunctional rivals have forgotten they've fallen like the Roman Empire after their Lord and Savior, Tim Tebow, rose up from Gainesville to be crucified in the NFL. I suppose they are not concerned the Florida Gators have lost 5 out 6 to the hated Noles including 3 in a row at the Swamp. Yes, it is of no consequence Florida has not reeled in a decent quarterback or head coach in the AT Era not to mention they haven't come close to sniffing a SECC or NC. And now their hated rival, TENNESSEE, their scathingly defamed enemies that haven't seen victory in over a decade are perched on the precipice of rising like Hillbilly Phoenix.

Fellow Tennesseans, fellow Volunteers I say ye, the Florida Gators. :)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dodo maybe the most overrated player in UF history. Not that he isn't a good player, but even the announcers act like he's an all-American.

Our 2 PG's suck. Period. Until they are gone I'm not sure how we'll do. We need someone similar to Green. Knows the offense, can hit an open shot, good FT shooter, and above average IQ. Doesn't have to be good as Green, but same type of player.

The other big disappointment is Robinson. Super gifted, but dumb as a dick.

I think White gets three years, unless he tailspins next year. This year will be his first recruiting class of his guys. I also think this team will improve down the stretch. He's playing a lot of guys and hopefully they'll gel soon

True about the guards. If we just had guard play equivalent to what you see on an average NCAA basketball team (actually being able to hit a white open shot close to 50% of the time or more we would be a very dangerous tournament team I think. I have watched parts of quite a few games this year and have not seen any team with guards that shoot as bad as ours. Same mess as last season.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm so happy Chris Walker left. Really wish Frazier had stayed

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The player that kept Billy from another FF and possibly another title was Bradley Beal. Had he played one more year a FF was a lock and title a real possibility. Walker and our PG were just not as advertised. But sh#t happens. DFS has played some great ball but this year he has either regressed or White has him step back out of the off. Not sure. Calling a guy names and wanting to fire him after taking over this team lets you know about common sense and basketball IQ. The "instant gratification" mindset seems to be a gator attribute now days. We are the gators and are entitlted to greatness. Welcome to the 70s of gator sports. The good thing is UF has history, beaches, good colleges and a big recruiting base in Fla. It will get better I promise you. As for Calimari saying " I get them to the NBA" I guess he forgot with all those stars they are NBA bound either way. He offers them a Taj Mahal to live in, other all stars to play with and the adoration of 24K fans each night. It is much like those faux HS's (Oak Hill Aced.) that get tons of talent and them act like the have done something when they win a lot.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Listed fact : 9 of the 10 largest basketball attendance arenas are in the state of Indiana.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.