Florida's D - Big Hits

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Before I watch that, if most of those hits are illegal in today's game, it will just make me grumpy.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Before I watch that, if most of those hits are illegal in today's game, it will just make me grumpy.

Yeah, I'm a get off my lawn kinda guy also.

As you will see, the older ones are AWESOME. Later ones not so much.

Windy City Gator

Banned
BANNED
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for sharing. I was in the student section for the Jarvis Williams hit on Melvin Bratton. Florida Field went nuts. We knew we were going to lose.... probation....but that hit was the highlight of that game! Miami's D with Stubbs and Brown dominated us. Still my favorite hit of all time.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

Ironically the Grow hit is for sure "legal" that is within the rules of football today. You know the source of irony. I was surprised how many were ok by the rules of today.

Like others I thought there were some suspect inclusions. The LSU punt return was not much of a hit. The famous hit against the UTn WR was probably ok under the current rules. The hit on the Miami WR maybe not. I certainly would not include a late hit on a QB that was flagged at the time in a game where UF got battered to start UF down the path it is on now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm a get off my lawn kinda guy also.

As you will see, the older ones are AWESOME. Later ones not so much.
Mostly because the earlier teams were champions and the later were jokes.

Hard to get too excited about a late hit by John Bostic that cost us 15 yards in a game that a little league team blew us out.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Mostly because the earlier teams were champions and the later were jokes.

Hard to get too excited about a late hit by John Bostic that cost us 15 yards in a game that a little league team blew us out.

Sorry I know a Deep Six TD maybe sweet to watch BUT nothing gets me jazzed like a "D" Slobber Knocker Tackle.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for sharing. I was in the student section for the Jarvis Williams hit on Melvin Bratton. Florida Field went nuts. We knew we were going to lose.... probation....but that hit was the highlight of that game! Miami's D with Stubbs and Brown dominated us. Still my favorite hit of all time.

I was in the East stands when Bartley hit Kinchen... I thought he had brain damage or something after that.
And I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall that hit did damage his facemask.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry I know a Deep Six TD maybe sweet to watch BUT nothing gets me jazzed like a "D" Slobber Knocker Tackle.
I love them too. Great video. But I like them more when they don't draw a flag and when we are winning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator