For Gator baseball fans

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great video. I have a friend with a very inside source in the athletic department. She confirmed what we all knew which is Texas is after sully hard. She said that they are uneasy right now.... They've offered him a new contract but it been crickets ever since.

HOPEFULLY sully is just waiting to see how the season ends. Another words, win it all and then come back, slide the contract back across the table and say, "you can do better than that." ... But they are genuinely concerned they "could" lose him.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great video!

I really hope they stay focused on winning this weekend and not the draft.

Regarding Sully... if Texas really wants him then they probably will get him. Unless he has a special reason to stay at UF. The reality is Texas can just pay more. We can't compete in a $$ battle. Hopefully Texas has a limit on how much they are willing to spend on a coach and we can match that and keep him.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great video!

I really hope they stay focused on winning this weekend and not the draft.

Regarding Sully... if Texas really wants him then they probably will get him. Unless he has a special reason to stay at UF. The reality is Texas can just pay more. We can't compete in a $$ battle. Hopefully Texas has a limit on how much they are willing to spend on a coach and we can match that and keep him.

I hope so. I think the guy that just left was making 1 mill per year and we're currently paying Sully around 600K, I believe... If he stays here you can rest assured he'll be getting a fat raise. He has really built an amazing program here that is in contention almost every year. I would imagine he'd stay if we were at or very close to what Texas is offering. I'd like to think so anyway...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope so. I think the guy that just left was making 1 mill per year and we're currently paying Sully around 600K, I believe... If he stays here you can rest assured he'll be getting a fat raise. He has really built an amazing program here that is in contention almost every year. I would imagine he'd stay if we were at or very close to what Texas is offering. I'd like to think so anyway...

"The guy" that left was Auggie Gurrido. Also known as the guy with the most wins ever as a college baseball head coach. He is a legend. He has won 5 national championships. Three with Cal State and two with UT.

I don't see them matching Auggie's contract for Sully... unless Sully wins it all this year. I do think they probably offer around 850. The problem is they can outbid us if they want to, so it will all depend on how much they want him :-(

Unfortunately another aspect is that our baseball facilities need updating and since we are so behind on facility upgrades in general baseball won't be upgraded for a while. Football is rightfully the top priority, but I don't understand why they can't do more than one at a time.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hear their #1 target is Brian O'Connor from UVA, and Sully would be next.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anybody know what high school players signed with Florida that we need to keep an eye out for in the draft? I know it is always important where in the draft our signees get selected as a way to gauge which ones will likely end up in the O&B and which likely won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.