For those at the game, how was the atmosphere?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n272924 said:
It was great, swamp was pretty full (makes you wonder why we didn't have more night games in the past) - I only saw some empty seats in the north endzone. I know from our section when Grier came in and started throwing everyone got pumped up. Except for the snap fumble they moved downfield pretty rapidly on all his series and the swamp was into it. What a change from last year's games.

It's not our choice. It's TV's. As I always tell our Gator Club members here in Savannah, "when TV talks, the schedule walks." Although both UGA and Vols were on the SEC Network earlier during the day (noon and 4pm starts), with the coming of the SEC Network, now in its second year, and the SEC's contract with the ESPN "family", we'll see more night game possibilities.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n273178 said:
Was this one of the original style shirts, with the huge logo on the back?

I don't think so. Seems like it was blue with orange logo on front, and gatorchatter.com in small print on back. Does that sound right?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n273158 said:
Best opening day atmosphere in quite a long time. Amazingly, the student section appeared nearly full at the kickoff. The energy was sustained throughout because the offense was giving us an awful lot to buzz about. Very encouraging in many ways.

It blows me away every time I think about it. Just score points and the fans will come. We went into a four-year hibernation on a false premise. We are Florida. We not only want to win, we want to do it in style.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n273182 said:
It's not our choice. It's TV's. As I always tell our Gator Club members here in Savannah, "when TV talks, the schedule walks." Although both UGA and Vols were on the SEC Network earlier during the day (noon and 4pm starts), with the coming of the SEC Network, now in its second year, and the SEC's contract with the ESPN "family", we'll see more night game possibilities.

Only game that can bump us from 3:30 against UcheaT would be A&M/Arky.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n273188]

It blows me away every time I think about it. Just score points and the fans will come. We went into a four-year hibernation on a false premise. We are Florida. We not only want to win, we want to do it in style. [/QUOTE]

The thing that struck me is the number of guys we had running wide open on nearly every pass attempt. And on a lot of our plays, we had multiple guys getting open quickly. I realize it was NMSU, but even games we won big over the last four years against inferior competition, seemed so much more tortured than yesterday.

It appaeared to be a complex, sophisticated passing attack that our guys were executing flawlessly. So freaking refreshing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n273187 said:
I don't think so. Seems like it was blue with orange logo on front, and gatorchatter.com in small print on back. Does that sound right?
No. The first version had a very large logo on the back, the second version had a smaller logo on the front and nothing on the back.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n273206 said:
Only game that can bump us from 3:30 against UcheaT would be A&M/Arky.
I'd rather have the night slot.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n273215 said:
No. The first version had a very large logo on the back, the second version had a smaller logo on the front and nothing on the back.

That was it then, it was the big logo.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Official attendance = 90,277 ! Largest opening-game crowd at the Swamp in 6 season !

UF had 244 yards passing in the first half: WM's last year's offense took 9 games to reach that many passing yards.

:bwahaha:

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BNAG8R;n273128 said:
BTW - who was the guy in Section 55, around row 70, low seat # that was wearing the gatorchatter t-shirt?

That be me. Section 55, Row 75. seat 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator