For those at the game, how was the experience?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Discuss. Looking forward to hearing some good stories.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Based on the blimp shots - there won't be a lot of responses. Freaking huge empty chunks of stands for a game like this.

Deathroll

Dec 28, 2014
Yea - I got an e-mail Thursday that the game was a sellout. There must have been lot of no-shows!

ChompTown

G8R B8
Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2015
Upper east stands were empty the whole game, I bet those people who didn't show were disappointed

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am starting a fund for football fan students. Their only requirement...be there 15 min before and after each home game and make 2 away games. If you can meet these requirements, free tuition.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Honestly, I've grown in the swamp and I'll say that finish was probably a Top 5 moment/game of all time. There was an obvious tough stretch for a while, but overall it was awesome. A little upsetting that we had some blank spots, but we did at least stick around.

C

Clayton Aldridge

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was pretty amazing. Like others are saying, there were some bald spots, which was a little sad. But overall, it was a game I'll always remember. It was extremely loud when we made that last touchdown. It was electric.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n286211 said:
Games like this will bring people back

Perhaps but I prefer when we destroy UT by several TD's. I like winning, but playing well is the best, and that blows out teams like UT.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well I prefer to win every game we play by ten touchdowns on the way to an undefeated season. But in the end, those games are boring to watch. What brings people back to the actual stadium is excitement. We had plenty of excitement back in the 80s and 90s even when we weren't that good, and the games were packed.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n286222 said:
Well I prefer to win every game we play by ten touchdowns on the way to an undefeated season. But in the end, those games are boring to watch. What brings people back to the actual stadium is excitement. We had plenty of excitement back in the 80s and 90s even when we weren't that good, and the games were packed.
I (& my friends) went regardless. We made our excitement.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
After that Calloway catch and run, you could hear hundreds of women ripping their own clothes off in the stands.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n286236 said:
After that Calloway catch and run, you could hear hundreds of women ripping their own clothes off in the stands.

Damn! I missed it! Oh well, I have a hot ol' lady who I'll have do that for me later tonight.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n286222 said:

Boring to you exciting to me. Destroying your opponents is the best excitement, loosing is not exciting. To each his preference, I bet you won't be seeing packed houses since many can't afford to go and students have other things to do.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well,I went with my son. The upper east as noted was light. Most of the stadium was pretty full. There was a lot of excitement. The only thing that disappointed me was when 15% of the fans left when Tennessee scored their last touchdown. I told my son, "We're not just fans when they win, we'll stay until the final whistle. And, wouldn't it be awesome if they pull together and win at the end!". Then Tennessee players did their little jig for that last kickoff. I then told my son, that should fire the Gators up! Next thing you know we're in the game! The fans that stayed made me proud as they were louder than when all of the fans were there! My favorite game period that I've watched in the swamp. Watching the whole stadium rock and that little orange section all quiet was priceless.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunately I was up in the sunshine seats which always feels to be a little detached from the rest of the stadium but the crowd was awesome. There was a block of seats in the student section that looked like a frat didn't show but other than that, it was packed. And effing hot.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Small section in the east stands like everyone says. Awesome game. It was one of the best. And that comes for 40 years of Gator Football. I'm spent. Will weigh in more tomorrow.

Jeramey

Aug 5, 2014
What an awesome game to be at. Ive been to a ton over the years and that ranks in the top 5 no doubt. They announced 90,300 so it was quite close to packed. Just a small empty spot on the north east side. I know the fans that left with 10 mins remaining in the 4th have to fill stupid. Of course there were some bad moments and I even thought we were going to loose for a few mins, but im not walking out in the 4th quarter and seeing the gators respond from adversity was great. The swamp erupted when Callaway got that TD. Like all gator fans I would have loved to blow them out but ill take a W any day over an L. Go Gators

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Was in section 15 row 77. Nice view. Started fun then I got depressed for a while. Like a long while. This game was so freaking long. The red hat commercial dude was horrible. Students that don't show up are scum of the earth. Sat around some very pleasant and knowledgeable Gators. Guy behind me has had those seats since '65. Everyone leaving early down 13 was an embarrassment to say the least. They deserved to not experience that awesome comeback. Thought it was gonna rain there for a minute. Vol fan next to me was in shock. Looked like most were, they didn't budge after the game just stood there wondering what just happened. Most fun I've had in the swamp since we beat LSU in 2012 I think. Best finish since the cock block. Grier is very talented but has a long way to go, I hope he can get down some of the decision making and accuracy he needs to be elite. Refs were incredibly bad. Don't miss the traffic, girls are fat now and wear dumb crap outfits, students seem to be the worst group I've ever seen. Saw one hottie with some huge bazookas but had to be discrete, the wife was there.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n286397 said:
Was in section 15 row 77. Nice view. Started fun then I got depressed for a while. Like a long while. This game was so freaking long. The red hat commercial dude was horrible. Students that don't show up are scum of the earth. Sat around some very pleasant and knowledgeable Gators. Guy behind me has had those seats since '65. Everyone leaving early down 13 was an embarrassment to say the least. They deserved to not experience that awesome comeback. Thought it was gonna rain there for a minute. Vol fan next to me was in shock. Looked like most were, they didn't budge after the game just stood there wondering what just happened. Most fun I've had in the swamp since we beat LSU in 2012 I think. Best finish since the cock block. Grier is very talented but has a long way to go, I hope he can get down some of the decision making and accuracy he needs to be elite. Refs were incredibly bad. Don't miss the traffic, girls are fat now and wear dumb crap outfits, students seem to be the worst group I've ever seen. Saw one hottie with some huge bazookas but had to be discrete, the wife was there.
Glad you had a good time. You made me laugh at the end.
Go Gators!
:chomp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.