Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess they'll have to win a Natty first

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It probably is pretty close this season. They usually have some good QB's out there.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They look good on paper. They will have to prove it on the field. As a wise man once said...

38287674.jpg

Alex.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This is what happens when you drink to much and get on tv.

:drunk:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a nothing article... all it does is talk about why the Pac-12 is great, but doesn't say anything specific about the SEC. This is also written specifically to drive readers from the two fan bases to read the article. Pac-12 people will read it and pump their chest on how great they are... SEC readers will read it and talk about how wrong the article is... It's still pre-season and there isn't anything really to write about yet.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same ole song and dance - just a different year. They have been saying the PAC 12 will take over college football for the past 5 years - since the rise of Oregon / Stanford. Problem is, USC has since declined. As Alcoholica said, they need to win a national championship before they can be in the discussion. Heck, they've been in one game since USC won their one and only BCS championship (sorry, I forgot, that was vacated).​

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
This is a nothing article... all it does is talk about why the Pac-12 is great, but doesn't say anything specific about the SEC. This is also written specifically to drive readers from the two fan bases to read the article. Pac-12 people will read it and pump their chest on how great they are... SEC readers will read it and talk about how wrong the article is... It's still pre-season and there isn't anything really to write about yet.
Welcome to the new age in journalism. Where substance doesn't matter, just clicks of the mouse.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So not playing in a national championship and losing their BCS tie-in, the Rose bowl, is somehow enough to pass the SEC in conference superiority? :tard:

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This article is vacuous.

Rodriguez says: “But to go through the Pac-12 and win a national championship may be the most difficult thing to do. … So a lot of teams have a championship game, but they don't have non-conference games. We have both. So I think it makes us unique."

First of all, not one of the Pac-12 coaches would trade their schedules with any SEC team. Secondly, does he truly not think SEC teams play non-conference games in addition to a championship game? We only played the national champ last year as our non-conference game, but other than that I suppose he is right.

Do you think these guys are really that stupid or just think everyone else is a dupe and won't know any better?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Himey said:
This article is vacuous.

Rodriguez says: “But to go through the Pac-12 and win a national championship may be the most difficult thing to do. … So a lot of teams have a championship game, but they don't have non-conference games. We have both. So I think it makes us unique."

First of all, not one of the Pac-12 coaches would trade their schedules with any SEC team. Secondly, does he truly not think SEC teams play non-conference games in addition to a championship game? We only played the national champ last year as our non-conference game, but other than that I suppose he is right.

Do you think these guys are really that stupid or just think everyone else is a dupe and won't know any better?
It's funny because it's coming from a guy who couldn't win at Michigan in an even softer conference.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see any team from the pac 12 being capable of winning a title. Oregon can't stop anyone maybe usc eventually can get there but not next year

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
AlexDaGator said:
They look good on paper. They will have to prove it on the field. As a wise man once said...

38287674.jpg

Alex.
Nature Boy!!! Whooooooo!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same thing was said before last season as well. Then the Pac-12 $hit the bed. They need to prove it on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.