Former CSU AD says McElwain's buyout may not be that big a deal

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While I'm not super excited about the McElwain hire, I am definitely happier to hear we won't be paying $7,500,000 just for the right to hire him and pay him even more millions.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This has been hinted at a lot over the last few days. There are a lot of ways around the buyout, and the most likely scenario is a home and home matchup with them in the future.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n122850 said:
This has been hinted at a lot over the last few days. There are a lot of ways around the buyout, and the most likely scenario is a home and home matchup with them in the future.

Agree about the hinting. This from the former AD who wrote the deal confirms there was always a "dream job" out clause approved by the prez. Which makes the matchup on the field mute, though it would be a nice nod.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n122850 said:
I don't see us going to Colorado. Maybe we agree to bring them here. But I just don't think we go there. I've heard that mentioned aswell. Hard to us burning a home game like that

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
t-gator;n122854 said:
I don't see us going to Colorado. Maybe we agree to bring them here. But I just don't think we go there. I've heard that mentioned aswell. Hard to us burning a home game like that

I agree. When's the last time we went out of state for a non-conference game? Syracuse?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n122854 said:

If it saved us from having to pay them $7.5M, I think we'd make the trip.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n122867 said:
If it saved us from having to pay them $7.5M, I think we'd make the trip.

The quote from the former AD pretty much states there is little or no buyout for a Florida, Alabama or Michigan team that comes calling. We won't be going to Colorado, assuming McElwain accepts the offer.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Would not mind going to CSU and then a home game with them. But looks as if the buyout won't be an issue. UF is going to have the Michigan game at Jerry's world in 2017.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Teams like UF don't go and play home and homes with teams like Colorado State. Do you all watch college football? CSU's stadium holds 34,000. UF is not going to play in a glorified high school staduim. I see they are trying to decided whether or not to improve the current stadium or build a new one. That may be put on ice if the coach goes to UF. The best that CSU could hope for in that arena is to come to Gainesville one year and get some cash, then maybe play a neutral site game in Orlando or Tampa or somewhere like that where they get half the funds, but that is doubtful as they would most likely not travel well enough to make it worth it to either team.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone explain what's going on with the buy out?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When does Robbie get anything right? even if it's a retweet.

Just watch the game Robbie.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
playzwtrux;n123030 said:
When does Robbie get anything right? even if it's a retweet.

Just watch the game Robbie.

He got this right :-)

"Notwithstanding the above, the Parties acknowledge, understand, and agree that in the case or event of extenuating circumstances the University's President shall have the discretion, but not the obligation, to reduce in whole or in part McElwain's obligation to pay Liquidated Damages to the University.

McElwain shall have the right to request that the Parties engage in a good faith discussion of such Liquidated Damages amount prior to McElwain providing formal notice to the University of his decision to terminate this Agreement without cause, and in such event the University agrees to engage in such discussion, although the University has no obligation to reduce in whole or in part McElwain's obligation to pay Liquidated Damages, with an understanding and acknowledgement that time will be of the essence in coming to a final decision."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.