Former Gator WR's

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I assume that Wes Chandler was before your time?
Nope saw him play but Idid say arguably.
I think it was Wes that the Auburn war eagle “Real damn eagle on sideline” jumped off his holders arm and tried to get poor old Wes.
Would have loved to seen him play in Spurriers offense.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wes Chandler also had CFB's most 'swivelable hips' = elusive cuts with no 'speedloss'. :cool:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Arguably the best we ever had.

Chris Collinsworth.

200.gif

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
My first home Gator game was his coming out party vs. SMU. He was arguably our best ever. I’d put Hilliard & Percy in that conversation. Doering was special, too.
There have been several over the decades who really stood out. Alvarez, Collinsworth and Anthony may not have been at quite the level of the three you mentioned, but they were great WRs who at least deserve a nod. TBH, I'm a little ambivalent about how to categorize Percy. He was so unbelievably good at anything he was asked to do that it almost seems like a bit of slight to categorize him as "just" a great WR. When he touched the ball, crazy, beautiful stuff happened - no matter where he lined up or what he was asked to do.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The first I remember of Wes Chandler, he was part of Air Coryell with Dan Fouts, John Jefferson, Charlie Joiner and Kellen Winslow.

And they threw the ball all over the place. It was fun to watch. Quit watching the NFL many years ago.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My first home Gator game was his coming out party vs. SMU. He was arguably our best ever. I’d put Hilliard & Percy in that conversation. Doering was special, too.
I with you on Wes and Ike. I think they might be the highest drafted WR’s as well at 3rd and 7th overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator