Former Gator WR's

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
How about the Cuban Comet, Carlos Alvarez as well?

He was a little before my time but I do know his story and background. With that story and background I thought it eliminated him for the discussion of white boy receivers :D

And I gave you a looney because I always seem to get a facepalm or looney from you on the oddest comments by me. :P

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Just for fun how about the legacy family of WR's all number 22 on the roster life long Gainesville residents

Willie Jackson, Sr. the first black to start at UF
Willie Jackson Jr. played for SOS as did brother Terry a RB. also #22
Kahleil Jackson RSF for this year's team.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Just for fun how about the legacy family of WR's all number 22 on the roster life long Gainesville residents

Willie Jackson, Sr. the first black to start at UF
Willie Jackson Jr. played for SOS as did brother Terry a RB. also #22
Kahleil Jackson RSF for this year's team.
Went to school with Sr. He was supposed to be in my Humanities class. Never met him.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
He was a little before my time but I do know his story and background. With that story and background I thought it eliminated him for the discussion of white boy receivers :D

And I gave you a looney because I always seem to get a facepalm or looney from you on the oddest comments by me. :p

You, like many before and others to come, are a victim of a fat finger scrolling down the right side of an android phone grazing a loony or ban icon in passing. I'll do better.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You, like many before and others to come, are a victim of a fat finger scrolling down the right side of an android phone grazing a loony or ban icon in passing. I'll do better.

Lol...keep doing the same. It actually has helped me not to get so upset over something on the internet.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
There have been several over the decades who really stood out. Alvarez, Collinsworth and Anthony may not have been at quite the level of the three you mentioned, but they were great WRs who at least deserve a nod. TBH, I'm a little ambivalent about how to categorize Percy. He was so unbelievably good at anything he was asked to do that it almost seems like a bit of slight to categorize him as "just" a great WR. When he touched the ball, crazy, beautiful stuff happened - no matter where he lined up or what he was asked to do.

Percy is probably the most gifted athlete ever to play football at Florida. He could probably have played any DB position, too. Sad that he suffered migraines.

What I loved most was how he rehabilitated that high ankle sprain to get ready for Oklahoma. He showed extreme heart & desire, worked so hard to produce the magic he did that night.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
How odd that while they’re the clear top tier when it comes to NFL careers, our next level down would probably include Darrell Jackson and likely(eventually) Demarcus Robinson.

Has anyone mentioned Ricky Nattiel? He almost won Kerwin Bell a Heisman and he had a few good years with the Broncos

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fun thread. Everyone intent on getting some love for their favorite. Spurrier liked to reward players for making plays. That’s mainly what Doering did. He made plays and seldom made mistakes.

You don’t need to run a 4.4 to make plays. You need to run consistently good routes and always catch the catchable ball. That’s what Doering did. I can almost hear the HBC describe it.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

For some reason this is no big supprise

Probably helped more than it hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.