Former players on scout team

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing says "our university prepares you for life" better than having ex players with nothing better to do than come back to their old school and play on the practice squad. I guess that diploma didn't really prepare you for life, now did it son? Oh, wait,...diploma....WTF was I thinking?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is better than anyone else in the NCAA at finding the loopholes to help prepare his team.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Saban is better than anyone else in the NCAA at finding the loopholes to help prepare his team.
I don't see how it's a "loophole". There's no rule against it. Bill Belichick does the same kind of stuff in the NFL.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how it's a "loophole". There's no rule against it. Bill Belichick does the same kind of stuff in the NFL.

That is why Bill Belichick is the best at his profession in the NFL.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Frankly, you have to give a nod to Saban for having a "review the rule handbook for an edge" staff assistant :scratchchin: :cool:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who would you want to see come back and play on the scout team for Florida?

Before he un-retired I would have said Percy to Scout for a guy like Guice. We don't really have anybody that can scout for Fournette. Maybe David Nelson can scout for WR...?

How many guys do we have that aren't in the NFL that could come back and add value...?

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I don't see how you can say Saban is corrupt. He is following the NCAA rule so how is it corrupt to be following a rule? If the rule is bad then change the rule.

Also the rule may not expressly forbid using current NFL players on the scout team. This would not be feasible, however, due to time constraints, contractural constraints, and liability for injuries.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Before he un-retired I would have said Percy to Scout for a guy like Guice. We don't really have anybody that can scout for Fournette. Maybe David Nelson can scout for WR...?

How many guys do we have that aren't in the NFL that could come back and add value...?
If we ever play usc, we could have Aaron hernandez play scout team oj.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Tebow could simulate Fournette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator