Fox Sports and Rivals slam Harbaugh recruiting tactics

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No way the kid in the photo is 300 lbs... If he's 6'5, he's probably 220 to 230 in that photo, max. Can he run and catch? If so make him a TE, otherwise he's got no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Nobody ever wants to hear bad news but the reality is Harbaugh just may be saving the kid from transferring in a year or 2 anyway. Harbaugh is showing that he is only interested in taking the biggest and strongest guys for his system....Urban, you're times about up.....

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No way the kid in the photo is 300 lbs... If he's 6'5, he's probably 220 to 230 in that photo, max. Can he run and catch? If so make him a TE, otherwise he's got no chance.

That kid in the picture definitely looked no where 300#. Either that's an old photo of the 1st grade or we know now why Meatchicken pulled the scholly.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If he doesn't fit the Michigan did the right thing. For all we know it was done in the best interest of the kid as well. He doesn't fit there, find some where that you will fit.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
To my knowledge, he committed and closed his recruitment. He reiterated his commitment
several times on Twitter and to UM players already in place. Now, he has very little time and
opportunities open to him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
On Rivals he(swenson) is the 227th ranked player. Lots of 4 star kids out there fyi. Maybe now some of you will understand why some people are making a big deal about all the three stars we are adding to our roster.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Antwaine Richardson just had his scholarship pulled by Michigan as well.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's not much bigger than Burnett - I can see why they're letting some of these guys go if they're making room for more talented players.
https://sports.yahoo.com/ccc/football/recruiting/player-Antwaine-Richardson-165171

Then don't offer them in the first place. I understand if they're not hitting the grades they need to or whatever other requirements were put in place, but to yank their scholarship because you have a better recruit coming in? That's piss poor.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Then don't offer them in the first place. I understand if they're not hitting the grades they need to or whatever other requirements were put in place, but to yank their scholarship because you have a better recruit coming in? That's piss poor.
Well, he was recruited by Durkin, who jumped ship to go be the head guy at MD, so I think it's understandable. I think we'd be doing the same thing if we had more talented guys wanting spots currently taken up by say...................McWilliams (I know you've been pretty vocal about how you think he may decommit, especially if we can get Fulton to commit). Similar deal, IMO.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he was recruited by Durkin, who jumped ship to go be the head guy at MD, so I think it's understandable. I think we'd be doing the same thing if we had more talented guys wanting spots currently taken up by say...................McWilliams (I know you've been pretty vocal about how you think he may decommit, especially if we can get Fulton to commit). Similar deal, IMO.

McWilliams was a 2 way street. Also our kids' scholarships weren't yanked. They may decommit. But their scholarships were not yanked.

Even under extreme conditions with entire coaching staff turnover I don't know of any new coaches that came in and yanked scholarships because they had a better kid they thought they could close.

I don't know the reason behind the scholarship pulls. It could be on part of the athlete. But it looks poor, considering how close it is to signing day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.