Franks thinks taunting own fans is the way to win them back

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just say Leak was extremely fortunate that he was able to go out on such an incredibly high note, because it made a lot of people forget how frustrating his career often was here. Had we lost that game to OSU, I doubt Leak would be held in such regard by so many fans.

Most of us were glad to see Leak have a great last game.....and great relief that his tenure was over.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 12030

View attachment 12031

Yeah, someone dissed Chris's capabilities and his rightful place in Gator lore... and the chomping began :lmao2:
Had nothing to do with Leak. That someone simply questioned Law's ability to complete a sentence without loading it with fact errors and distortions.

"He was the nation's #1 QB"

Oh, really? Which year and by what measure? I'm aware of no argument in that direction.

"multiple All-SEC QB"

Yes he was, but he wasn't THE All-SEC quarterback as implied by the wording, he was the second-team selection two times. Note it.

"the all-time leading passer"

Coming after the All-SEC reference and lacking any sort of further clarification, the inference is Law's calling him the SEC's all-time leading passer. That's simply not true. Or, at the very least, possibly pointing to him being Florida's all-time leading passer. He's Florida's career YARDAGE leader, but does that put him above Wuerffel, who had 26 more TDs? Not in my book.

If I had never heard of him, I'd have thought from Law's sentence that Leak was the greatest college quarterback who ever lived.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Had nothing to do with Leak. That someone simply questioned Law's ability to complete a sentence without loading it with fact errors and distortions.

Oh, really? Which year and by what measure? I'm aware of no argument in that direction.

"multiple All-SEC QB"

Yes he was, but he wasn't THE All-SEC quarterback as implied by the wording, he was the second-team selection two times. Note it.

Coming after the All-SEC reference and lacking any sort of further clarification, the inference is Law's calling him the SEC's all-time leading passer. That's simply not true. Or, at the very least, possibly pointing to him being Florida's all-time leading passer. He's Florida's career YARDAGE leader, but does that put him above Wuerffel, who had 26 more TDs? Not in my book.

If I had never heard of him, I'd have thought from Law's sentence that Leak was the greatest college quarterback who ever lived.

I think you were reading a bit more than what was there, and your statement that donkey’s assessment was “way off” was equally inaccurate. Any Gator who can break any of Danny Boy’s career passing records is more than simply above average.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not sure what rating s systems you guys are using, maybe the retrospective one that 247 made up after the fact?

OK he was at the least the National Offensive Player of the Year.

"multiple All-SEC QB"
And Freshman All SEC in addition to the two All SEC awards you mentioned.

"the all-time leading passer"... the inference is Law's calling him the SEC's all-time leading passer.

Again, it is not an inference. You use that word incorrectly all the time. You are allegeding I IMPLIED that, which is untrue. YOU may have incorrectly inferred that. The speaker is the one who implies... the people hearing are the ones who infer.

You incorrectly inferred SEC.

Or, at the very least, possibly pointing to him being Florida's all-time leading passer. He's Florida's career YARDAGE leader,
So, if I meant all-time leading passing TDs, I would have said it. I didnt. Nor did I say he heas the best QB ever.

What he was, however, was an elite passing QB stuck with a stubborn OC who knew only the option and Notre Dame football.

Imagine if we had used him for two years the way we used him vs OSU.

but does that put him above Wuerffel, who had 26 more TDs? Not in my book..
Who said that? Any indiciations that I dont think Wuerffel is the best QB ever? However Wuerffel would have sucked running the option.

Just to be clear, I still love you with all my heart. Even though youve gone senile and/or are a heroin addict.

Last edited:

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just say Leak was extremely fortunate that he was able to go out on such an incredibly high note, because it made a lot of people forget how frustrating his career often was here. Had we lost that game to OSU, I doubt Leak would be held in such regard by so many fans.

Most of us were glad to see Leak have a great last game.....and great relief that his tenure was over.
agree with all of this. go back and watch any game of Leak and you'll see a lot of frustrating stuff, especially the sliding short or crumpling to the ground when a defender breathed on him. Leak was a good qb, but his last game definitely makes it easier to forget all the aggravation the previous 4 years

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is going to be a big locker room problem I think when Mullen moves on to Jones as the starter.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im not sure what rating s systems you guys are using, maybe the retrospective one that 247 made up after the fact?

OK he was at the least the National Offensive Player of the Year.

And Freshman All SEC in addition to the two All SEC awards you mentioned.

Again, it is not an inference. You use that word incorrectly all the time. You are allegeding I IMPLIED that, which is untrue. YOU may have incorrectly inferred that. The speaker is the one who implies... the people hearing are the ones who infer.

You incorrectly inferred SEC.

So, if I meant all-time leading passing TDs, I would have said it. I didnt. Nor did I say he heas the best QB ever.

What he was, however, was an elite passing QB stuck with a stubborn OC who knew only the option and Notre Dame football.

Imagine if we had used him for two years the way we used him vs OSU.

Who said that? Any indiciations that I dont think Wuerffel is the best QB ever? However Wuerffel would have sucked running the option.

Just to be clear, I still love you with all my heart. Even though youve gone senile and/or are a heroin addict.
Oh, brother, are you stretching now, delving all the way back to high school in an embarrassing effort to state a case that could have been much better served by simply saying he was a great Gator and the fifth-best quarterback (fourth best in passing) in UF history.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I bet when Franks got up this morning he had to take a Leak. :lol:
I'm trying Ox!
Back to Franks. I don't really care if he shushes Gator fans when he scores a TD; I'm more happy he scored a TD which puts a smile on my face no matter what he does after. I would have gained some respect for the guy if had he actually destroyed a bathroom and got kicked out of a bar - too bad that rumor appears to be false.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Chris Leak was one of the GREATEST UF Qb's of all time. His stats say it. His rings and championships say it. His MVP of a NATIONAL FCKN TITLE game says it and his loyalty to our program when it was in such flux says it. QBs slide. They throw the ball away instead of a sack (and he got great at that). Like Law said, he played in such a clstrfck so long when given a decent scheme you saw how it worked out. Im guessing Leak's critics tie him to Urban somewhat which still baffles me. Urban comes to UF and we have ONE COUNT THEM ONE national title. He leaves and we have THREE COUNT THEM three titles now. He was a H I R E D GUN and did his job. He coached them up. He WON SEC TITLES AND THE BIG ONES.............and then was out of here. I dont care how why or when he left he DID HIS JOB.........and extremely well.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

"multiple All-SEC QB"

Lol 78, the person called Leak fat slow and ugly basically, wasn’t you, so like all good Gators we ran to the aid of our NC QB. Law kind of over embellished the credentials to convey his point, gotta love the slight of hand from counsel, :lmao:

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Nice post. I agree with a lot of your points (body of work, etc.), but I disagree with your conclusion. You think that USCe was the beginning of the end; I simply think that it's truly his beginning. Just re-watched the game and picked up a point not mentioned. With things testy at the game's end, it was Franks who separated our players and prevented any suspensions, etc. Is he still imature? Yes. But he is growing and he also showed leadership. That and Perine's shushing indicate that it's Franks's team. Also, I think much of the board is in love with the second string QB. Idaho will teach us more.

I totally get what you are saying and I actually really respect the overall way Franks has handled all the challenges this year really since the day Mullen was announced. My reasoning behind this being the beginning of the end is simply due to Franks' clear lack of being able to consistently make the plays as a passer in pressure situations. Wuerffel and Tebow are two really good examples of guys who were hugely blessed in the area raising their games in these situation and it showed from their earliest playing opportunities. Kerwin Bell was another guy who demonstrated these trends. Franks just hasn't shown any consistency of that nature nor has anything he's done this year been trending in that direction.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yeah, we all know Chris had some help from his friends... TEAM baby! :thumbup:

helmetless.jpg

jarvis.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.